Tuesday, November 30, 2004

No Jeopardy for You!

Can you believe it? Ken Jennings is done! The 2.5 million dollar man has been defeated. Unfortunately the surprise of it was ruined by my sister telling me...though really ruined initially by Howard Stern. I used to like listening to Howard but got really sick of the "show me your tits" "have you ever made out with a girl" "will you let Beetlejuice get you in the ass" skits. (tangent)
Anyway...I thought it was quite befitting for the first round of Jeopardy to be all Seinfeld references and the last category of clues with "Jerry, Elaine, Kramer and George." While I was initially impressed (and still slightly) with Ken's knowledge of pretty much everything on Earth -not so bad for a Mormon kid....he even got a few alcoholic drink clues at one point- I was glad to see him go. I'm all for the best person winning, but it would have sucked to go up against him. "Ah, shit. At least with the neurophysiology I had a chance. Not Ken!" Back to the Seinfeld reference...I believe this would have been a great character on the show. "J/E/K/G" would have wanted him gone. He probably could have been right up there with the Soup Nazi.

*So hard to go back to work...UGH!! 15 1/2 more school days until Christmas break. 129 more days left to the year. Monday I was actually thinking about what book I might read this summer and what time I would get up to fit in a walk and swim. Yeah, I'm focused.

No comments: