Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Friend of Foe

What do you do when your friend is drug addict? I have a friend right now that is admittedly addicted to cocaine. What do you do? Well up until 1 am tonight, I've tried intermittendtly to get her into a rehab or at least talk to someone at some point this evening. I've been crying since at least 11:00 pm and am tired of this. I don't want my friend to die. I don't think she'd overdose like a John Belushi. She's much too smart for that. However, I believe she'll die a slow death like one of a junkie on Whatever Avenue in Bethere City, USA. It's aweful. One, as many people around town have told me she was still into coke, I stupidly believed her. Though, I willingly accepted her apology and confession to try to stop tonight and get help. After 2 hours of battling with her, I'm done. I can't hack it any more. I left her an open phone book of addiction counselors and I will call her parents tomorrow. I don't care if she hates me. It's a duty I have to do.

From a number of things today and just recently, I've learned that I will always speak my mind. I once was asked in an interview, "How would you best describe yourself?" I responded with,

"What you see is what you get."

I will not falter from those words.

2 comments:

D said...

i think you're doing the right thing molly. i hope works out in the end. good for you though--sticking to your convictions is hard.

Denny Pettway said...

Hi Molly,
It is a terrible thing to watch a loved one go through. My cousin gave his live to crack cocain, but dragged his family through 12 years of misery before he died.
Ultimately it's their choice...she is very lucky to have a friend like you.