Sunday, November 07, 2004

Good Times

So I fixed the whole viewing the blog thing...and I just looked down at my dog who is sleeping next to the computer desk. He's been into tearing apart his toys lately. I just looked down and he's sleeping amongst the stuffing of a little, puffy dog's head. I guess the weekend was just too much for him.

I had a great weekend. I took my first sick day ever on Friday. I did take a 1/2 sick day last year for a routine doctor's appointment, but this one was truly a sick day. Good thing, too. I headed to the doctor on Friday. Diagnosis: Bronchitis. While waiting for my Rx I wandered around Wal-Mart and noticed two of the laziest and most ridiculous things.
1. Pre-made PB&J sandwiches in the freezer section. Are you kidding? The whole point of PB&J is that it's easy and cheap. Now it's just easy(....hmmmm...that's rings a bell for some reason?)
2. "Meatball Magic" This is a contraption straight from an informercial that is basically a platic container divided into small square sections that you turn upside down and press on top of a pile of ground meat. If you are serioulsy that stupid that you can't divide meatballs into equal sections, you have a problem. Meatball Magic for me would be one that would make and bake itself without being blown off of Ol' Smokey by a sneeze.
*I also noticed that the average age in Wal-Mart around 10 am is about 72. Still busy...does that place ever stop?
Well, the sick day was well spent on the couch. I zonked for a little while and caught up on talk shows and Days of Our Lives. I've been watching that show for about 20 years and Marlena has died once again. I think I'm going to start taping and watching. I really miss that crap and...I can't afford TEVO, DVR or the Soap Channel. I was kind of bored though without anyone to talk to all day. Sick isn't it? Unfortunately, now that I have to go back to work tomorrow, I don't feel like talking to anyone.
Saturday I ended up in New Castle for friends' birthdays. We had dinner and went bowling and Karaoking. I haven't been bowling in a really long time...it was pretty fun. I think that bowling should be brought back as the new in thing to do. One...it's really cheap. Two...it's an easy way to get a large group of people to interact. At bars it's too hard to be able to talk to everyone. And, you can drink there...except for me this weekend due to antibiotics. Yes, I gave it a trial run on Friday when I wasn't going anywhere. 3 glasses of wine and I woke up and the house looked like a hurricane went through it.
Now it's Sunday and I'm dreading the work I have to attend tomorrow. Though, it's pretty home free at this point until after Christmas. Two 1/2 days this week for conferences (in which I'm secretly hoping no one shows up) and no school on Veteran's Day. Then the holiday shuffle of days and activities.
I guess this is enough rambling....I try to make these interesting, but because I lost a day of interaction with people you'll have to hear my happenings.

No comments: