Tuesday, November 09, 2004

No Hoodies in the Champagne Room

I don't know why I'm still up at 11:30, but I am. Another day of parent/teacher conferences and I finally got back in the pool after the sick bout. I only swam 1500 yards, but I was happy that I did it in 30 minutes. Anyway...some older man started BS-ing with me about "how long did it take you to get in shape to do that?" Um....13 years and correction....I'm not in shape according to the time I did it in. So, I gave him some pointers on technique and went about my way right before he started to ask something else. Hey buddy. I'm here to blow off some steam and think. It's the only time where I can't talk and no one can talk to me. This is my time. I love that time, too. It's very relaxing to be able to be completely secluded by an element. Strange, but true.
Tonight I met my long-time friend Stephanie for a drink to catch up and shoot the shit. We had a good time. I plan on introducing her to my favorite cheap wine tomorrow and continue our conversation. No school on Veteran's Day so I can relax tomorrow night.

One other thing...
Today in school an announcement was made over our loud speaker by the principal. "Attention Junior High students. There will be no more wearing of coats in the classroom. Coats must be stored in your lockers during the day, not worn during classes. You may still wear hoodies. Hoodies will be allowed during classes."

All that came to mind was that the next announcement might be "THERE IS NO SEX IN THE CHAMPAGNE ROOM. SURE, THERE'S CHAMPAGNE IN THE CHAMPAGNE ROOM, BUT YOU DON'T WANT CHAMPAGNE, YOU WANT SEX, AND THERE'S NO SEX IN THE CHAMPAGNE ROOM. NO MATTER WHAT THE STRIPPER SAYS, THERE'S NO SEX IN THE CHAMPAGNE ROOM."

I at least thought it was funny.

And...shout out to Dan for listing me in his blog title. I'll have to think of something sultry for you.

No comments: