Monday, November 21, 2005

I Always Feel Like...Somebody's Watchin' Me...

The Big Reveal.

Those of you that have been reading since the birth of The Girl In the Corner have seen bloggers come and go, comment and rant, tell their tales and what not. It's kinda bizarre the community of friends, aquaintences and "fans" that develop through this medium. I kinda crack up because I have invented images and voices of people that I read and comment. Did you ever think you might have had an encounter with someone before? Are people really connected? Maybe even one of us could fit into the Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon...(I hope you're getting the point.)

Roughly April of this year back in my online dating phase, I met a few people. Lots of winks from NASCAR fans, country bumpkins and creepy old men. Yeah. Clearly by my current dating status, online dating didn't work out so well for me. That's fine. I'm one of those people that believes you're in a time, place and situation for a certain lesson. Boy, that sounds kinda churchy?? I'm thinking more along the lines of Kharmic.
Ennnnywhaaay....In between all the freaks there were a few emails exchanged that were worth emailing back. There was the traveling nurse, AARP, Nunya and the lawyer. (Yes, only a few.) Traveling nurse...well, you can see where that went. AARP...too old and kinda boring. Nunya...unreliable and immature. Lawyer...good emails, one phone call and extinction. I believe the last words were something of "Can I call you back in 20 minutes?" and then well, nothing. Oh well, maybe he found someone else. I've done it with not emailing someone back. Que sera, sera.

But he didn't find someone else.

He found me.

And my dealbreakers. Well, some of them.

So this lawyer quit emailing me because I "outed" him on my blog. Oops. He got skerred because of one of my dealbreakers. Vegetarians. Which isn't necessarily a deal breaker, but that's a whole nuther blog. Maybe we'll bring up deal breakers for the holidays.

This lawyer...well written, educated, funny, employed. Not so bad on paper. Only saw this picture of him on his profile. A little skerred, I guess.

Then enters a new commentor/reader of my blog with his own brand new blog. Can you see where I'm going? Funny stuff. Ripping on Fayette county (lovin' it) but a little skerred. Claims he's a farmer. Claims he lives in Fayette City. An alias. (Maybe a little skerrrrrrrred.

But who is this new fan? Who is this cocky, witty, bold and boisterous man?

I'll give you a hint...he ripped off his stiff blue pin stripe, gold tie, forward point French cuff and kicked off his Johnston Murphy's and became...

Buckner.

Yep folks. One in the same. A modern day Superman. Batman. Captain Underpants.

Bizarre...I wondered who this Buckner was. Had I returned to the emails from the lawyer, I would have noticed the pattern in the writing. (Good thing I don't work for CSI.)

Turns out he "wilted under the pressure" of meeting up and being hashed out on the blog.

I was a victim of Googling.

Googled and he read the part about deal breaking and offending a vegetarian by chomping on a big juicy steak. Sorry pal, but I did conquer my fear in writing...being honest. (Not easy and I'm still not totally good at it--tangent story.)

What good has come out of being a victim of a Google? What good has come out of hashing out dates on a blog? What good has come out of being a voyeur and providing things to be voyeured?

Buckner.
Buckner and I spent quite a few hours between Friday night and Saturday morning with some email clues and games.
(Buckner did it. He Googled me with the PC in the Study.)

So there it is folks. Season finale, mystery solved.

Looking forward to the new site, Buckner...if that's who you really are??? Muuuahhhhhahahahhahahaahahhahha....

8 comments:

Wolfgang Buckner said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Big Buddha said...

Told ya. You can't trust them damn vegetarians.

And a lawyer to boot.

Watch. He's gonna be a Yankees fan next.

Oh. Wait. These are my 'breakers.

Never mind.

(Good story by the way.)

Lesterhead said...

Once a guy I was dating blew me off, so I wrote a post mentioning he had man-boobs. He called me on it. But then again, didn't he kind of deserve it after blowing me off and then spying on me?

(Jay is still talking about this, btw)

Wolfgang Buckner said...

interesting post and comments. I've learned plenty about myself.

Well, so much for secret identities.

Oh well.

Big Buddha said...

Man-boobs! One of my favorite posts ever!

Is that all the Buckner has to say?

Wolfgang Buckner said...

What more can I say?

Well, first off, its not like I "blew" Ms. Molly off. I did have a series of emails back and forth with her that went very well. I eventually called her one day and...not the same level of excitement, not at all. I thought the conversation went kinda badly actually, in a mutual sense.

I figured that the tone and complexion of the conversation was a signal of disinterest, lack of chemistry or that she was dating somebody, so I just politely bowed out.

As for the "spying", I did keep reading Ms. Molly's blog, mostly because of the nuggets of sarcasm and attitude. She is funny and witty, which equals magnetism to me. I actually checked out everybody's blog on here, just because I like to read when I am supposed to be doing work.

I did google, but sheesh...Everybody does that. Why WOULDN'T you do that, especially when you are doing online dating in the first place?

Remember, this "discovery" was an admission on my part: I voluntarily revealed my identity because there really wasn't much reason to keep it a secret anyway. I thought it would be a funny story.

and if you think i am "practical and void of emotion" you really have not read anything teh Buckner writes my dear.

Big Buddha said...

This is so "You've Got Mail"

*grabs popcorn and put feet up*

pastrymom said...

this does make a great story...

i LOVE the buckner posts! (been lurking there as well! ooh, the orange dude, scary....)

as for the man-boobs anecdote, i too have my own share of foot-in-mouth syndrome. blogging is a dangerous pastime.