Monday, May 16, 2005

First Thing is First...

Okay...so I will post about the AWNY and my weekend, but first thing is first.

When I left the question of whether a man is too old or too young or whatever, it was a question. I didn't state that I WOULDN'T date certain type of person. But, if I want to say that...well, it's my perrogative, Brittany.

Now..."Steve Carbone" aka "Larry King" aka "Annonymous"....................

"I'm SURE its entirely the lack of mature eligible men why the perfect, single women posting here can't find the "right" guy."
If your comment of me being perfect was sincere, thank you. That's kind. However, if it was in jest, I'm not appreciative. One...I have never claimed to be perfect. No one is. And, if I choose to "nit-pick someone to death" well, then I suffer the consequences. I have been on both sides of the fence. I'm not saying it's right, but I didn't ask for your comment on how to run my life. Trust me, I do a great job of fucking it up on my own.
"Straight guys are so imperfect and disappointing!"
Absolutely!! I love the gays!! They love me as well...there's just the obvious problem....the whole sexual preferrence. In fact I met such a great gay this weekend, that I kicked around putting up with the no-lovin' aspect. Kicked around...a girl's gotta have it, ya know? Translation...this is why dating is so difficult and why we pick. Sexual attraction gets in the way. Come on now, you saw When Harry Met Sally?
"As for the maturity issues...I don't understand how a person can say "men are so god damn immature." Depends on where you look, I guess. Statements like that and the one about men not being mature at ANY age are pretty insightful."
Don't remember saying that...but, if I did, I did "Steve." Glad you took time from your "computer programming" career to think about insight. It's very insightful to speak your mind...especially when you attach Steve Carbone to the words.

Lastly, I have met many "perfect" men. And, many of them have dumped me (or never even began things) for superficial reasons. Did it bother me? Of course. However, if that was their reason for dumping or what-not, then it probably wouldn't have worked out anyway. Plus, I haven't dumped or not dated guys for these reasons you stated. And, to update you...

"Dumb guy" I tutored him. I didn't try to seduce him.
"Old guy" We're emailing. We'll see what happens.
"Veggie guy" He called once and then never called again. (Must have been the pork chop I was eating on the phone.)
"Young guy" Jury is still out. I can read him as well as a Organic Chem book in Braille.

So, before you pass judgement on why this perfect single girl can't find the right guy...get your facts straight. I'm not completely at fault.

1 comment:

TheGirlInTheCorner said...

Yeah, I know. But, I thought he needed a tongue lashing as I had received one from him. Plus, it made for a good blog and I had received 3 or 4 emails about it. Thanks Jen...at least I know one person thinks I have my head on my shoulders...I usually have it up my ass.