Sunday, May 29, 2005

I had a Yada, Yada, Yada

I arrived at 7:20, he arrived just after 7:30. We finished our drinks at the bar, moved to a table. I had the tilapia, yada, yada, yada I was in the car going home at 8:55. The best part...not the tilapia...but probably the first drink (that I bought because I was there early.)

Well....first date. Ehhh.... He was nice. But, not as tall as he claimed (I hate that...I don't like short men)....and quite frankly...too old. Nice, but we're on different mindsets. He's thinking of retiring in 10 years, I'm just getting started. He also mentioned A LOT of different dates he'd been on off of Match. I'm thinking (thanks to my sister's insight) he's a serial dater. Dates anyone he can. But, all in all, I went. It wasn't horrible...but, not great. Hopefully it will get the ball rolling for more dates in the future...just not with him. I think I'm going to wait to actively look for a boyfriend until I move. If a date comes up, I may go...but, we'll see. Quite frankly I realize...I'm pretty happy doing my own thing. (It's just when I watch those sappy, romantic comedies that I want a boyfriend. Like today after watching Wimbledon I want a British, tennis-star boyfriend.)

Memorial Day party today so I must get showered and await my guests!!

4 comments:

Big Buddha said...

You have the blahs! Sucks doesn't it?

BTW, you cannot yada, yada, yada the food parts. As a foodie I find that stuff interesting. How was the Tilapia prepared? What did it come with? Inquiring minds want to know!

TheGirlInTheCorner said...

okay...tilapia was with crab meat and shrimp with roasted red peppers. the peppers were jarred (which i make them on my own, so i'm critical.) the fish had some sort of flour "batter" on it. almost like it was dusted in flour and panned...not necessary. it just should have been broiled or baked. it came with rice that was..eh..and only 5 green beans. so, i guess..not so good. i've definitely cooked better.

as far as the blahs...yeah it does, but i think i'm fine with being single...i'd rather hang out with my girl/guy friends. much easier and definitely more enjoyable.

Big Buddha said...

Who picked the place? A guy who picks a bad restaurant on a first date...Deal Breaker. He should have a reliable place to go - or warn you that it's his first time trying a place too.

A bad meal often leads to a bad date.

TheGirlInTheCorner said...

yeah...it wasn't a great place. I don't think I'll go back there...cheap taste in food, cheap taste in life???

but to update my post from a few weeks ago....age does make a difference.