Monday, November 28, 2005

Sea-sons-of Looovvvee...

Thanks for you comments on the Big Reveal of Buckner. After discussing it with Buckner, he didn't think I was fair and a little mean. Not my intentions. I hope y'all got the sarcasm in the connotations. If not well, then I'll clairfy a bit.

When referring the the "claiming to be a farmer, living in Fayette City." Long short of it...Buckner didn't match the profile of the guy that was emailing me. I didn't see the connection until much later on....like last week or so. What gave me the clue? The spelling of the word "the." Buckner (Brookease suit or Superman garb) spells it "teh." Consistantly. I knew I loved the Bloodhound Gang for something.
My dealbreakers...well, we all have them. Whether it be the Yankees, Geminis, Vegetarians, Republicans, Bible Beaters or Catlovers...we have them. We use them to upkeep our discriminating taste in potential relationships. Personally, I think it's unique and acceptable. Of course only if it doesn't cross the Hitler rule.
And as for me seeming blah. I remember that conversation on the phone. Friday around 5. I was headed out to happy hour, putting my lipstick on at a stoplight. Distracted more like it. And, quite frankly...I don't really like talking on the phone as much as I used to. I'm also a typical Cancer. Reserved and quiet striking from the side. The phone call directly to me. I don't think I was ready for it yet. However it was my choice to give my number out. (Rather my force...keeping my guard up makes me have to force myself to do the normal dating process.)
All in all...sorry if I offended you Buckner. I actually thought I paid you a compliment. I thought it was rather nifty that you remained a mystery. Not creepy. Nifty. And, the birth of you blog was a true blessing. (Now ain't that in the Christmas spirit!)

************

It's been a week. What have I been doing? I don't really know. A lot of going out and a lot of mischeif. I'm done going out in this shithole for a while. Maybe the last day of school before Christmas break, but in all honesty I'd rather sit around with the people I want to see.
Thanksgiving was good. The usual. We ate. I tried to stay awake before my grandparents left. I almost made it...I did have to get up and run and say goodbye. I took a nap. Ate. Felt lazy. Just like everyone else.
Despite the previous comment, I'm not quite in the Christmas spirit. I decorated my classroom, but have failed to do any decorating at home. Maybe it's the weather? Maybe it's my blah attitude right now.
I did go and see Rent yesterday. It was good. I was in a sappy mood to begin with so as soon as Seasons of Love started (like the first 5 seconds of the movie) I started tearing up. Funny thing is...I've never even seen it on Broadway. I knew the gist of what happened, but none of the fine details. It reminded me of Fame a little which is good because I love that movie. I'd like to see it again, but I'll probably wait until it's a rental or at the cheapies. I went by myself. I don't mind that now, but it was torture trying to get used to it. Though, yesterday I felt like everyone was looking at me thinking, "Poor girl. She's all alone." A lot of highschool kids in there. I was surprised at their reactions to the movie. The were snickering in the beginning when the men kissed (remember where I live folks.) But as the movie went on became eerily quiet. Okay. So they might have been making out in the back row, but I think the sadness of the movie hit them. The fact that the themes are the same regardless of race, religion, preference, etc. Especially because I heard as the credits came up, "Oh my God. *sniff, sniff* I didn't think it was going to be that sad." Maybe a little bit of culture seeped into their podunk minds.
Boy that was pretty deep...I'm usually all, like, about dating, and um, stuff.

I'm thinking of going to see Harry Potter again this weekend. I want to see Walk the Line, too, but I need to see HP again being that I was pretty distracted by the asshole dad next to me. 18 school days until Christmas break. I know it will go fast. My week is already booked.

I've been on my laptop since Wednesday nonstop. Don't I look cute? God, I love this thing! I soooo feel like Carrie Bradshaw now. Hmmm...maybe that's what I need to get me out of this funk. A good dose of Sex and the City.

Something about Jim O'Connor turns me on. He's definitely very good looking, but I like his bumbling, silly personality on "The Life of..." series on the FoodNetwork. He's now my desktop background.

I'm looking to update my links section to include more sections. Got the idea from PastryMom. You can all check out where I lurk.

2 comments:

Wolfgang Buckner said...

Libra's get all the babes...no dry spell here. heh. There is more to this story that our dearest Mollykins is not telling, but i will leave that up to her to fill in the details.

Teh plot thickens...

Big Buddha said...

HELLO!!!

UPDATE!!!!

DRAMA FOR YOUR MOMMA PLEEZE!