Sunday, May 22, 2005

Gypsy Cafe and Gypsies

The girls went to the Gypsy Cafe in the Southside tonight. EXCELLENT!!! It's a mid-eastern influenced restaurant with a really cool atmosphere (purples, reds gypsy-esque) and the food was soooo good. For $20 (on Sundays only, I think) you can get their Prix Frix (sp?) menu. A choice of roasted red pepper, garlic or scallion hummus with pita, choice of two soups (lemon rice with asparagus and something else) or house salad with homemade dressing or tabouleh (sp?) and a choice of entree-scallion gnoccis, leg of lamb with garlic mash, portabella scampi with shrimp over pasta or scallops over couscous with roasted veggies. I had the portabella as did Renee and Shonda. Danni had the scallops. Everything was wonderful, priced great and great portion size. BYOB place with a $5 corking fee. Of course we brought a big bottle...(thanks Renee, next time it's on me.) The conversation was good as always....and they had a woman reading Tarot cards. Yes, of course I had my cards read.

****It's been a looooongg time since I've indulged in the "other world" stuff, so I felt like I deserved it.

For $15 I had an excellent reading. (I know you probably think I'm crazy but I love this shit and I believe that there are people out there that "know.") Anyway...she told me what I needed to know-aka what I know, but don't want to face-and a few other tidbits of interesting things. All in all...good reading, and it motivated me to do the things I've been avoiding.

I have a few other ideas for some fun blogs, but tonight I'm just too tired. Four hours of yardwork, good dinner conversation and the reading just tuckered me out.

I TRIED to call out the serial commenter on my blog, but apparently he is afraid to respond. Way to be!

****One more thing on his comments....as far as my "Seinfeldian" outlook. Sorry, honey. Wasn't a fan of Seinfeld ...SATC, maybe. Maybe I'm just that brilliant and should write my own sitcom then. hehehehhh...Since I'm soooo perfect.

Alright...off to bed. Goooooodniiiightt....

No comments: