Monday, June 06, 2005

Gypsy...again!!!!

So I'll be honest...while I am a food lover, I don't usually have a craving for a certain restaurant. Certain food...well maybe. Like chocolate. Mashed potatoes. Champagne. But....this place is the best. Again, The Gypsy Cafe has made a posting. Renee, Danni and I met. (Shonda didn't make it this time, but we will be eagerly awaiting her next visit.)
Food--I didn't want to try something different, but I did. The Portabella scampi I had the last time was soooo good, but I tried something different and IT WAS GREAT!!!! We had the same pre-fixed menu option chosing an app, salad and entree. Fortunately because we're "regulars" (and I say that lightly because WE condsider ourselves regulars) they let us have hummus instead of soup as our first course. It was just so damn hot outside, I don't think we could have taken it. Anyway...we had the cannelloni (sp?) stuffed with salmon, ricotta and asparagus. OMG!! Wonderful. I (think) the pasta was homemade as well.
I can't decide what was/is the best part of this place: the atmosphere or the food. I love this place with my girlfriends and SERIOUSLY won't share this place with a date until it is with my potential husband. That is how special/wonderful it is. Kudos to the Gypsy. (We saw the owner as we walked in and she so graciously remembered us and our table....yeah...obviously...I'm hooked.
The Tarot reader wasn't there...and we did want our cards read...but, hey...doesn't everyone need a break sometime??? (I'm just selfish and want her at my disposal!!!)

Other than that...I have 4 days left of school and I cannot wait!! It is a blazing 100 degrees in my room and I'm eagerly awaiting the exit of my students. I'm hoping it was too hot today and they won't want to come tomorrow. Even a few out makes difference. Bittersweet...because even as much as I've bitched about them...I actually think I'll miss them. You love to hate 'em.

I will link Gypsy in the next few days...I'm too tired tonight.

No comments: