Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Weird Science

Congratulations to Uchenna and Joyce for winning the Amazing Race. I would like to think I could do this, but I'm not sure. That is some tough stuff. They just seemed like such a nice couple. Congrats to Amber and Rob for coming in second. (Way to put the Westminster name out again!) As for the 3rd couple...I didn't really like them. I don't like when couples air their dirty laundry like that. So you fight, fine...fight nice. Work on your problems, but jeez. Be nice about it.

Speaking of amazing races.....just a few days left to donate to the AWNY. Check out the link!!!

I'll be heading out on Friday. I'm excited. It should be a fun weekend (as always) with Dan and friends. Looking forward to brunch with Robin and Jay. Robin and I will be eagerly awaiting our prizes for the contests, right Jay??

Other than my trip for the weekend, not too much is new. I've half-way begun my newest endeavor. I'm training for the a master's swim team league (swim team for adults if you will.) oooh wait....I did remember something kinda funny.

So in college my old roomate and a few friends made up this character. "Wayney." Wayney is this strawberry blondish, red-haired early teen who is kinda chubby and really annoying. (I'm doing this from memory, so a few details may be askewed.) Anyway....Wayney had this really annoying, squeaky/whiney voice. Kind of like you might hear his name if you said it in your head. Well, while in the pool last week, I needed to share a lane. The easiest lane was with this kid who was walking in the pool. He apparently was walking because he "forgot" his goggles. So in my teacher-type voice I say, "Hey, Honey. Do you mind if I share your lane?" He agreed and I began to swim around him. After about 800 yards I noticed he suddenly had his goggles. Ugh. Great. An early teen kid, kinda chubby, strawberry blondish/red-haired....wait a minute. IT'S WAYNEY!! Oh my God. It was almost like Weird Science. Instead, we created Wayney. But, I don't believe we were wearing bras on our heads and Wayney definitely wasn't to date. So I ran into Wayney yesterday, too. I saw his chubby foot dangling in the pool as I headed down the lane. I knew it was time to quit. As I came up taking my goggles and cap off at the same time, preparing to dash away, Wayney says, "Can I-I-I shaarre youurrr lane?" "Sure Big Guy. It's all yours." Ugh, annoying.

Do you think I could create a boyfriend and possibly meet him? Great...now I have the Weird Science theme song in my head.
*Everytime you say "Wayney" you have to use your "Wayney" voice.

1 comment:

D said...

i remember the days of wayney in college and i have to say---i met the real wayney. and his sister.

i had to teach a general choir (choir for rejects) and wayney was in it. i used to spend hours doing private lessons with him helping him to sing on pitch. the next semester i taught a general music class (music appreciation for drug addicts and the mentally challenged) and i taught--wayney's sister. she used to tell me fabulous antecdotes about wayney and bell choir. but i swear--you could not get more wayney than these two.