Monday, May 16, 2005

NYC Weekend

Great weekend. Perfect weather. The walk was really amazing. And, of course...the company was perfect as usual.

Got there Friday night...great time with very little traffic. Dan broke me in on his Christina Aguilera beer bowling table. Katie (roomate) came in with Erica and Chachi-(love that name.) We drank too much, laughed too much and learned how to hook up Dan's iPod to the karaoke machine. It was a blast. "I believe in a thing called love..." It's funny...when a microphone is in your hand, you're almost guaranteed to talk into it when asked a question or commenting. Very fun.

Saturday Dan and I met Robin and Jay for brunch. Very tasty. Finally met Jay...likewise...it's nice to put a face with words. Thanks for the prizes. I just ate two pieces of the candy and the Mr. T In Your Pocket has been hours of fun. Neville doesn't like it too much, but I'm getting a kick out of it. Dan and I layed in the park and watch a gazillion cute babies and families. Times like that I think, awe...I want a boyfriend/husband/family. Then I got stung by a bee. Good thing though, as I squeezed out the stinger to find...I'm not that allergic anymore. It just swelled a little. Thought, it was itching like a mutha fucka last night.
Later on we headed to dinner at MaryAnn's (cheap good Mexican food) with Anita...and went on Dan's second date with Went. Cute, funny nice. Me likey, Dan. *Watch out sista as I might make a dash to turn that gay boy for this "perfect"girl. (Sorry, I'm still referencing Steve "Carbomb" Carbone.)
Next we went to Karaoke at Sing Sing adding Katie and Barry to our group. I love this place. Private karaoke. Went (Kenny Rogers) has quite the voice serenading us with "Lady." Katie (The Darkness) did her energetic "I Believe in a Thing Called Love." Anita (Wheatus) reminisced with "Teenage Dirtbag." Barry (Snoop w/ Pharrell) flowed with "Drop it Like it's Hot." Dan (Gwen Stefani) gave us attitude with "Hollaback Girl." And I (System of a Down) invited everyone to my guilty pleasure while rockin' "Toxicity." We hit The Library next and then headed a cab home.
Got up early the next morning for the AWNY. Great time. Pretty organized, too. It was extremely crowded, but I didn't really mind. I was amazed at the diversity of people there. Yound, old, black, white, Asian, men, women, gays, straights...it was really kinda moving. Sad to see the t-shirts on small children saying "Remember Nana Virginia" and happy to see the unity of people in a cause. I'm glad I was a part of it and hope to be next year and the years to come. AWNY raised over $5.8 million. Our team is close to $1400 with more checks coming in. I hit $550. Thanks to all of you who helped.
Being tuckered out from the 10K walk, we headed to lunch and then back to Dan's to sit for a little with his friend Erin joining us. We sat and chatted, had some wine and well...here I am at home, blogging about it.
It was a great weekend. Thanks Dan for having me.

3 comments:

D said...

Any time. It was a blast having you here!

Big Buddha said...

"First Name MISTER, Middle Name PERIOD, Last Name T."

Lesterhead said...

Anyone in the mood for a sequin bowtie/rice crispy treat? Mmm... sticky.