Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Babble...

Daily Horoscope:
Well, if you aren't a fountain of fantastic flirtatious energy today! You're bubbling! You're sparkling! You're providing good, fresh, healthy, hydrating flirtation for the whole darn village!

Good thing I stayed home today. (Now you see why I search for a more befitting one...) I can't say I did much either. I did run to the grocery store, post office and made myself a hair appointment. More a mental health day than anything. Crappy headache that started at lunch yesterday...damn kids ruin everything.

Went to Pittsburgh last weekend for Tracy's b-day. Saw the Earthquakers. This is a band that we used to see. They dress up like Amish people and play 80's pop/rock. I love the drummer. Wait, let me rephrase that. I lovED the drummer. Sniff, sniff. He left. And, the quit playing all the fun music. It was all mainly Metallica, AC/DC and GnR. Don't get me wrong, I like listening to those songs, but it's nice when it's broken up with some fun 80's pop stuff. I couldn't party too much anyway due to a test on Saturday morning. Saturday went to Todd's party. Jello shots were goooood. Got back to Doug's house and resumed my sleeping spot on the couch. Damn, I crashed hard. I even took a nap when I got back. Not a terribly exciting weekend, but fun none-the-less.
Jen...you'll be excited this week for my school. We have a rain forest exhibit coming in on Thursday. Rumor has it there are supposed to be monkeys there. I'm excited. I've always loved monkeys. I remember getting a hamster in 3rd grade and it of course died. Through the tears as my dad told me not to worry he would get another hamster, I said, "Could I get a monkey instead?" His answer,"Well, not really. You see. Monkeys are dirty and they poop everywhere." Needless to say, I settled for hamsters. I'm thinking he was thinking the same thing about hamsters, too. I gave them away the next year. Yuck. I can still smell the hamster piss from the cage. Gross. My kids will never have them. They run in that damn wheel all night, too.

Funny thing. As I pulled up to the curb of the post office, I opened my door. Of course I wasn't really paying attention and opened it as a car was driving by. He wouldn't have hit it, but politely waited for me to get out of the car before he drove past. Funny thing...he was driving a "Dent Wizard" truck. Wonder if that was a set up???

Speaking of Wizard. I'm reading the Wizard of Oz right now. I've never read it before. I'm reading it to my kids in school. Surprisingly, they are loving it. They're especially interested in finding the differences between the movie and book. Me, too. Maybe now I'll get though Wicked. Yes, Dan...I'm still reading it. Also reading In Her Shoes.

Enough babbling. I'll go to bed now.

7 comments:

D said...

I was going to ask if you were still reading wicked. i loved it, but it's definitely hard at points to maintain interest.

TheGirlInTheCorner said...

it is because it's learning all new names, geography. but, i think reading the original wizard of oz has peaked my interest and help to explain a little-only a little- more. once school is out, i'll be able to concentrate more. 25 days!!

Lesterhead said...

I agree with Jen. I felt unsatiated when I finished. Hopefully the musical's better.

TheGirlInTheCorner said...

Yippee...can't wait to finish it now!! ha.

I had the same trouble with "the world according to garp." it took me FOREVER to get through it, however i found it very satisfying at the end...i think that will be one of my rereads this summer.

las1976 said...

mol -- i'm sure you won't like it the second time around -- you either love garp or hate it. and, i'm probably never going to suggest a book to anyone again -- noone likes what i read!

Lesterhead said...

Can't wait to see you for brunch this wknd!

D said...

doug-you'll probably never see this comment--but garp is my favorite book. i've read it twice and it was still amazing. just seeing the name makes me want to read it again.