Sunday, January 02, 2005

The New Year...New Me?

New Year's Eve was a success. A few of us went to the Walnut Grill and ended up at a friend's for the evening. Good night.

So it's 2005. What will it entail? Here are some New Year's resolutions. I always make them and at least try to attempt to keep one or two of them. Some are introspective, some are just housekeeping...ah, literally.

1. Develop a healthy lifestyle. I did start 2 1/2 years ago by quitting smoking, but I need to do it all around. I'm heading back to the pool tomorrow morning. 5:00 AM...YIKES!


2. Have my clothes picked out, bag and lunch packed before I go to bed. Hopefully this will keep me more organized as well.

3. Get involved with a charity. I have a few in mind, but need to settle into one.


4. Read at least one book per month. Dan, I will be sending Me Talk Pretty One Day back this week. I'm terrible. You'll also have a cute little gift with it as well.

5. Blog or journal at least every other day. I know you're just dying to hear what I have to say!!

6. Be willing to let myself show through my writing. I think this is why I have so many ideas started, but nothing finished.

7. Settle differences from the past. I don't think I'll seek anyone out to bury the hatchet, but I will let resentments go by the wayside.

8. Join online dating. Yes...I've become part of the crowd. Who knows??

9. Tell my family members and friends I love them and how important they are to me in my life. I think we all know how we feel, but I know it's really good to hear it sometimes.

10. Move. I'm tired of this shithole I've been living in. Sorry to those U'town folks, but I gotta blow this popsicle stand.


As far as healthy lifestyle, back to SouthBeach tomorrow. And, no alchohol 'til Mardis Gras. Well, at least nothing for 2 weeks and no beer 'til then. Dan...you betta git yo ass there!! Count down is 1 month, 1 day.

Happy Birthday, Emily!!

I really should have some pictures on here. Anyone know how??

Off to bed. Being that I have 5 hours until I'm supposed to get up, I should hit the sack. I did pack my lunch and have the coffee pot ready, but I still don't know what I'm going to wear. Shit. I'm already off to a bad start.

No comments: