Thursday, January 13, 2005

Time Lapse

Yesterday I left school and decided to head to the 4:10 movie. It was a stretch being that I get out at 3:45 and needed to go home, change clothes, let the dog out and go to the bathroom (being that I NEVER have time to pee during school.) Fortunately the dog had already been let out, so I made it to the movie in time. I saw Finding Neverland. Oh. It was really good. It was just what I needed after the day that I had. I think I'm going to make it a weekly or bi-monthly jaunt. And, I successfully completed a movie by myself. I think I've blogged my past solo-movie experiences, but long-short of it--> they've been disasters. Anyway...I went into the movie and it was light and I came out and it was dark. You could have told me it was 2:30AM and I probably would have believed you. It almost felt like a wharp. It serioulsy was one of the biggest stress relievers I've had in a while. So much that I actually went to the gym that night to walk/run on the treadmill. *I never go to the gym at night because I'm usually so irritated from school that all I want to do is come home, put my PJ's on and talk to no one. I definitely think I will be indulging in the movie deal more often.

I also went shopping tonight. I know I have a ton of purses, but I just had to buy 2 more. I bought the cutest suede, hot pink clutch/wristlet. It's a little bigger than a wristlet, but has the strap like it. Bath and Body Works--$4. I also bought a silver, metalic metal mesh purse at N&Co. --$2.99. You can't beat it!! I also bought some cute sweaters for $9 and $11 and also some really cute pins. I'm restocking my wardrobe for New Orleans.

*********
Bizarre. I'm half-watching something on ABC about Michael Jackson...I suppose they are really "finding Neverland." (I know, terrible. F) God, he's so strange.

3 comments:

Big Buddha said...

Hi. I'm a friend of Robin's and I've been to Mardi Gras and New Orleans numerous times. It sounds like this is your first trip because you're packing all wrong. You do not want to bring any clothing that you actually like to New Orleans during Mardi Gras. You will want to burn every single item of clothing you took with you before boarding the plane home.

The streets will be disgusting as it's a mix of acohol, urine, vomit, food, and god knows what else.

The chances are very good that you will spill a drink on yourself and some drinks will stain, like a Hurricane from Pat O'Brien's which is red, and you'll never get the stain out.

You don't need underwear because no matter how much you say you're not going to flash a little acoholic courage, peer pressure and the need for beads will eventually win over. I've seen it happen over and over again.

I've been 10+ years in a row, this year is the first I'll miss in this long streak, so trust me on all this.

Jay

TheGirlInTheCorner said...

wow...there are more people reading than i expected. cool. this is actually my third mardi gras. i'll be visiting a friend from college there. i know i'll ruin the shoes, but i only paid $10 for them so it's par for the course. ...ask dan doughty, he'll tell you the bargain shopper i am!! as for the clothes, i always wear black, so that should take care of any major stains. too bad you'll be missing this year!! don't worry, i'll stop have a hurricane in your honor...or two. ;)

Big Buddha said...

Your 3rd Mardi Gras? And you drink Hurricane's at Pat O's? You know, I think the chances are pretty good that I've seen you topless...

*sigh* Hurricanes...I've gotten so sick from drinking Hurricanes.

The first one is kind of nasty cause of all the alcohol in it...but then the ice melts a bit and takes the edge off...and then the next one goes down a bit smoother...and then the next one you don't even taste...and then the next one you don't even remember...and then you wake up in your hotel room wearing woman's underwear on your head with your pants on inside out. Ah...Good times.

Jay