Monday, January 31, 2005

I wasn't going to blog it, but I think the world (or at least my friends) should know what small minded people are out there.

Okay...so I wasn't going to blog this, but maybe I will feel a small justice. I went on my first date in about 3 years. I was excited, nervous, unsure...the whole thing. However, I was ready to jump back in the saddle. After what happened, I didn't even want to say that I participated. I called my sister on the way home and spilled the story. After that I proceeded to call anyone who would answer and of course email the rest. I met this guy on Match.com and (wrongly) assumed that he was normal...well at least not a dickhead. Below I copied the email that I've been copying to friends. It's poorly written -but you'll get the gist of it. I also think that I will blog something immediately afterwards so that this blog and the experience will disappear.


we met at panera.

I paid for my own coffee and he drank nothing...even though I offered to buy.

eh...not too impressed, but i WAS willing to see him again until he said this....

we saw this two women walk out with fur coats on. he made a comment that he thought they looked goofy. i told him i actually liked fur coats and that my mother had just bought one off of ebay this week. i said that she bought a raccoon fur coat. (weird, but she did) he replies wiht this.
"so what did they do? have some black guy trap all the coons and skin 'em?"
i replied (fucking open jawed and stunned) "um...no. i was thinking more of a roadkill coat."

WHAT? are you kidding? i'm still in awe of what a racist remark that was....AND of course when he said it, there was some black guy standing behind him (in full view of me) -(murphy's law) i was so fucking mortified. i couldn't even look at him after that. on the phone the other night he made some comment about black people then, but i dismissed it as me not understanding him...he asked if i had a lot of black kids in my school. i told him yeah. he alluded to them being the "bad" kids in my room. i told him that my white kids were just as bad. he then said, "there weren't any black people in my highschool. we never had any trouble. it was fine like that."

he's also a name dropper. "i had a fake rolex...it was pretty damn good, too. you couldn't hardly tell the difference between that one and my real one." "god. i pay so much for rent. like a $1000/month. Do you know what kind of car i could drive for that much money?"

at least i went. like i said, i wasn't that impressed with him to begin with, but the "black guy skinning the coons" comment pretty much put the icing on the cake. i WAS thinking i could possibly be friends with him...let's just say i hope he fades away. i will most definitely not be bringing him to any of our social functions.

next, please!!


Ugh. I can't even believe I met someone like this. Now, I may have lived in an Amish town for 7 years with one stoplight that blinked after 6, but Jesus...I did get a little cultured! You probably think this guy is your typical white trash. No. He is educated, half Asian and from the "dirty South" (thanks Danni!) Not that all racists have to be WASPs but you'd think that he'd have some class. What's scary is a comment made by my friend, Danni. "Most people are on their best behavior on the first date." -->If that was first date behavior...shit, I'd hate to see if he was comfortable. And one from, Angie..."I swear. This is what it is like below the Mason-Dixson Line." Thank God I jumped off the Duke train to Pitt this year for March Madness..heheh.

Whatever...it's over.

1 comment:

Lesterhead said...

I had a terrible date last night - the guy was totally creepy, a big dork (admitted to attending more than one Star Trek convention) and was a psychologist, so he kept talking about mental illness and medications. He had these creepy dimpled that reminded me of a demented doll, and he also does a lot of "couples sex therapy." I thought I would vomit right there over drinks.

Doing online dating, you have to be prepared for this shit. A lot of them will be bad, but some of them will be good (that is, until they dump your ass in an email for not being quite incredible enough to be their girlfriend).