Monday, January 03, 2005

Christmas Again?!?!?

Can it be Christmas again? My valiant effort of getting ready for the work day and early morning pool exercise after the long (well deserved) Christmas break was foiled by a sleepless night. I didn't end up falling asleep until after 3:30 AM. At 4:45 my alarm went off I rolled over and reset the alarm for an hour later. I still wanted to get to school by 6:30 to do the plans I so lazily neglected. Pool would have to come after school. Just then a sound that for a non-teacher is quite disturbing in the morning: the phone. For a teacher, this sound is music to our ears in the early morning. What dost thou hear next? 2 hour delay. (Due to a water main break downtown.) Could it be Christmas again? I phoned another teacher to leave a message. Rolling back over, I of course couldn't fall asleep due to the excitement of going in 2 hours late. Even though...I was horribly exhausted from my restless night. And here I am now. An hour later...school is cancelled. I know it's just prolonging the agony, but I just wasn't ready to go back yet. Anxiety of Mondays? I don't know. However, the day is welcomed right now. Not sure what I'll do today, but I will begin my New Year's resolutions and make it productive. Though for right now at 7:51 AM, I will have my coffee and watch a little Today Show. Happy Christmas!!

2 comments:

Lesterhead said...

Happy 2005! Thanks for the Xmas Card! I'd do one with my cat on it, but I think she's too big to fit on one of those little photo cards :(

Anonymous said...

Happy New Years SNATCH!!!!!!