Thursday, January 27, 2005

Maybe a Bear Isn't So Scary Afterall...

Sp Doug emailed me what he thought about my dream...

The bear is upcoming dates -- you are afraid [rightly so -- it's tough to get back on the horse] of starting to date again. Neville is there because he's a comfort for you. The goat with the nice fur represents your family and collective comforts of Uniontown [that's why you were walking Neville from your house]. Neville also represents your subconcious -- the part of you telling yourself you need to get out there and date.
Why else did the dream start w/you in your last ex's apt with him and his current girlfriend -- time to move get out there and date.


It happened. I actually talked to a guy from Match.com. He emailed first so I responed etc... He gave me his phone number, but since I've adopted the "no calling" rule in my life I did email him a lame excuse of why I didn't call, but gave him my phone number. We talked and he seems pretty fun. And...he actually asked to meet up sometime soon. Shit. It's been so long since someone has said that (um...let's say almost 3 years...wait. Longer than that considering I asked ex#4 first!) I felt like Cindy Brady on the quiz show and Marcia was yelling, "Baton Rouge! Baton Rouge!" I finally sputtered up enough to say, "Sure."

I figure this. Even if I don't get a date out of it, I think I've conquered some fears and milestones in jumping back into the dating arena. I'm petting the goat...and the bear is looking right at me.

2 comments:

D said...

Congratulations molly. hope you have a fun date.

remember when you pet a beaver seven times.

Anonymous said...

According to my "Dreamer's Dictionary" (yes, I was pathetic enough to spend money on this book), a dream about a goat "is a warning against involving yourself in any activity that is not strictly on the up and up" and bears signify "victory over hostile opposition".
So be a snob and kick some ass.
Renee