Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Whodini-Whodogni

I'm slacking a bit, but I think my mind has been on hiatus. Went camping this weekend. It was fun...but REALLY hot. I went and picked up Neville (the dog) on Saturday and brought him up to the campground. I had a feeling he wouldn't be thrilled about it, but kept pouring water on him to keep him cooled until the sun went down. When it was time to go to bed, I coaxed him into the tent. (Yes, I slept in a tent.) He wasn't thrilled, but layed down on the blanket and I comforted him to sleep as he shook. Well, at aroung 10 til 6 in the morning Danni and I (we shared the hot box tent) woke up to hear someone unzipping the tent. "Who's breaking in?" I'm sure was the question that came to both of our minds. No one. The dog --now dubbed "Whodini"--unzipped the tent with his teeth and escaped. I couldn't believe it. Amusing, but oh shit. Now I have to catch the dog. (Let me remind you that Neville doesn't leave his leash for he tends to run the 40 yard dash...10 times....I guess that would be the 400, eh?) Anyway I eventually tricked him into the bathroom where he got a smack and attached him to the leash. I think if he could have figured out the way to walk home, he would have.

Other than that my birthday is looming. 5 days. Ugh. 29.

I'm also getting that awful feeling that I won't be moving out of U'town come September. Ugh. Ugh.

Well, I guess I'll just go and sulk at the pool...HA!

1 comment:

las1976 said...

I disagree, although I'm not a dog owner. You must always let the dog know who's boss. By giving them a treat for coming back, he may remember only a reward for running away in the first place! We only gave my dog treats when he did tricks though. Poor guy.....