Friday, June 10, 2005

Future Reminiscing.

Well...this is it. The last day of school. I actually can't believe it's over. The year went pretty fast at the end. Last night was the retirement dinner of four of our employees. It was bittersweet. I'm happy that they are leaving and can live their lives in relaxation (I think they deserve that for working 36-37 years in the classroom.) However, our building will greatly miss their presence. I started thinking last night (and got kinda sad) I wonder what stories will be told of me when I retire. It's amazing the family and community you can build in a school. The stories last night ranged from gut-wrenching laughs to silent sobs. All in all it was a wonderful night and I hope that someday I can be remembered as wonderfully as these four people.

1 comment:

Wolfgang Buckner said...

Congrats from a total stranger on another triumphant year of teaching. I'm sure your kids will remember you in a positive light...or else. What veteran teacher isn't loved? it comes with the profession.

Buckner