Sunday, June 12, 2005

Weddings, Bachelors and Getting Old

Went to a wedding last night of a friend. I went dateless and well, it kinda sucked to be dateless at a wedding. Why bring sand to the beach, right?? Wrong. This beach was mainly coupled and the single ones live 3000 miles away in sunny Cali. So in good single girl spirit I got drunk. Not on purpose...Captain Whoopass came up and smacked me. Thank God my 8-month pregnant friend drove me home or I would have either spent $300 on a room or called my mother to pick me up. The wedding was beautiful, though.

Few funny things....
In good, confident single-girl style I told the girl next to me that "the guy I'm seeing is working this weekend." I know...but I felt stupid sitting there at the wedding alone. In my mind he is a reporter of some type and he was researching a story.
Next...on the 15-20 minute ride home I started getting woozy. REAL woozy. Literally .3 miles from my house I had to boot. Bad. So I rolled down the window and threw up as we were driving. My friend pulled over and I hurled again. Hitting the inside of the door. Funny thing....it was my mom's car since mine is in the shop. So this morning as I was cleaning puke off of my dress, and the car...I giggled. Here I am almost 29 in less than a month and I'm puking from a wedding. Real mature. (But, I looked damn cute in my CK dress and LAMB purse!!)

Other funny events...I went to a "Bachelor Auction" on Friday for the American Cancer Society. A friend of mine was in it and his girlfriend wasn't too happy about it. I was the ringer to bail him out. (He paid for himself of course.) Anyway...there was another bachelor that I kinda felt like was hitting on me. After a few drinks I sent my bachelor friend over with my phone number. I woke up in the morning and was like "I can't believe I did that!!" Totally not my type. 5 years younger than me, short and a cop. What was I thinking? Plus, now my picture is probably going to be in the paper because I "won" my bachelor. Great. I'm just glad school is out as I'm sure one of my kids would have seen it. And, I'm sure will see it. Especially the one who said to me last week, "Are you looking for an old classmate? You could find him or someone on Eharmony. Have you ever heard of that?" Even my kids want to set me up.

Ironic...last week I was just saying how I like being single and don't really care to get married anytime soon and today after the wedding and watching A Walk in the Clouds -Keanu is terrible but, I love the story-I'm feeling blue about being alone. Maybe I do want a boyfriend for my birthday. And, speaking of birthdays...I know this one is going to suck. I cried my eyes out at 24, 25, 26...27 was really good, 28 was a little hard. I just know 29 is going to put me over the edge. Yes, I'm officially one of those women that has issues with getting old.

**Updates....check my links section as I've linked my fav restaurant off of it. And, finally Doug has updated his blog. Leave a comment and maybe he'll feel guilty and update more often.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not that I wish unhappy thoughts on anyone, but I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who consistently cries on their birthday. It always turns out to be a day of self-pity and overindulgence in wine.

D said...

last year i had a party for my birthday the night before the actual day and took my bday off. i thought that since i love bloody marys so much it would be fun to have them on my bday. well--i had three and ended up crying while scrubbing my bath tub (?). happy birthday. hopefully this one will be better for all of us.