Thursday, August 25, 2005

You Don't Have to Go Home, But You Can't Stay Here

Oh nooo....it's over. Summer vacation is over.

Tomorrow is the first day back to work (officially because I've been putting my room together since Tuesday.)

Same shit. Different year. I'm kinda excited about that part because finally...

It's nice to not be new.

I've had so many "new" experiences over the past 3 years that finally in one area, I'm not new. I've been in new buildings, new rooms, new grades, etc with career.
I've met new friends, dated new people and got a new dog.
I've visited new places, done new things, experienced new feelings.
I'm sure a bunch of other new stuff I can't think of right now.

But...for my career...it's kinda nice to not be new.
My plans this year are to kinda fly low on the radar screen. Once again (because no one likes to stay in my building) there are a bunch of new people. I'm glad the spotlight is off, magnifying glass is (somewhat) broken and I can relax a little more. Though as much as I like not being new, I was kinda hoping I was new. In a new town. New school. New living place. But, as you can see I've grown from my last bitch posts and I'm looking to the positive.

Should I start the countdown? 184 days to go 'til summer vacation. Yes folks...you can ask any teacher in the book and though they may not say it outloud, we live for June, July and August--and of course those occasional snow days and most especially the beloved 2-hour delay. (A reason it pays to teach in the North.)

Now I just have to get off partymode that hasn't stopped since my Holiday (yes, Renee I'm adopting that word, too!!) And...get my sleep schedule back.

One perk to my job this year....free gym membership for being a head coach. Jackpot because mine just ran out.

I'm so proud of myself for forcing the blog every night now. If I start to slack, please feel free to harrass me.

No comments: