Tuesday, July 26, 2005

"You're terrrrrible, Muriel"

Well...I made it through the wedding without my name being yelled over the mic for the bouquet toss...except this time the bride came to the table to get me.

I'm all for the bouquet toss. I used to love it. Running out there hoping that at some point I might catch it and be the next to get married. sure. It was great. But, I did catch the bouquet once. I was 23. I'm not married yet...so guess what? I'm over the bouquet toss. Have it. Have it all you want...but for Christ's sake. If someone hasn't come up when they call for it--they probably don't want to come up there. It's not as if they forgot. I never forgot about it. It was the first thing I thought of when going to weddings before...well, right after the bar and the cake.

Do I look that desperate? Is everyone feeling bad for me? "Oh get molly up here. Maybe she'll catch the bouquet and that will give her a push to get married." I understand the tradition of it...but next time folks...leave us late 20-somethings and up out of it. Don't you worry...we'll be there if we feel like it.

Other than that, the wedding was fun. The ceremony (noon) and reception (5:00) were far apart so Doug and I went and had a beer and saw "Wedding Crashers." Very funny. Silly, but funny. We looked kind of silly going in there with my dress and heels and his shirt and tie. But, hey...we were wedding hopping...ha. (I at least thought it was funny.) Thanks Doug...great wedding with you as usual!

No life changing event...I certainly didn't win the Powerball. Someday. Up next on the agenda I believe is the wave pool this weekend with a trip to the Gypsy. Then off to Punta Cana on the 8th....possibly a Cedar Point trip in between. (Looking forward to a corndog....mmm.)

Well...it's hot as balls outside so I'm going to take advantage of the pool...few days left until school starts. 30 to be exact. Powerball....where are you?

1 comment:

Lesterhead said...

UG- BOUQUET TOSS!!

I hear you. If you do not join the crowd, it probably means you are not interested in participating. You've already dressed up and brought a gift - no need to be herded into a group against your will.

I might start wearing my grandma's wedding ring to weddings, so I can flash it as a "fuck you!" when I get called.