Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Inspiration of the Blog and Nonsense

After the previous post, I feel much better. Tomorrow is a new day and one less day of the year. Self talk, Molly, self talk.

So you're all asking...why "the girl in the corner," right? (Don't all ask at once.) About...shit...12 years ago I wrote this poem entitled "the girl in the corner." It's one of these poems that I've continued to add each year. I've never really written anything like it before as most of my poems tend to stem from highs and lows in relationships. Not sure that I'll share it now as for I'm a bit shy with my work and (after 12 years) I know it's not quite finished as yet. I've knocked around developing it into a story or novel of some sort, but just haven't figured how to develop the whole thing. We'll see. However, the motivation of becoming a full time writer is rising with the dissatisfaction in my current employment. When do we really know what we want to do? I have this internal timeline that keeps haunting me. I think, 28...not settled...no steady career and unsettling feeling. I'm not totally pissed with my life, but I feel like I'm in a relationship and someone says, "What's he like?" I respond with, "Oh...he's...um, nice?" Such is life. Is that why I've spent so much money with psychics?


No comments: