Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Hate Club

So I think I've officially joined the part of the workforce that hates their job. It's not the occupation, but particularly my job. I teach. I teach "4th grade." I say that loosely because A. most of my students are not even close to a 4th grade level, but mostly B. I scream all day. -Yes, I've tried the reverse psychology of not yelling to see if they calm down. No. They just continue to talk over me. Total lack of respect, hoodlum kids. Well, all but probaby 7 kids....out of 23? Not a good ratio. I can't believe some of the things I actually say to them. However, my favorite response is this one. Note: This school is very transient due the "rent is due on the 1st" policy. Anyway. Because of that I have a lot of students tell me either in passing or angst "I'm moving on Friday." My response...."Don't make promises you can't keep."

Okay..enough on bitching about my job. I know I'm not the only one. (I just don't make as much money as you!)

1 comment:

D said...

I'm sorry you're having a bad week/school year :-(

stay strong--it will get better!