Sunday, September 19, 2004

And I Would Drive Eight Hundred Miles...

Well...after close to 800 miles, 100 s0me bucks, 20 or so beers, 2 bottles of wine and one-uhn-uh-uhnnn bottle of champagne....my weekend is over. Crappy weather on Saturday, but that didn't stop the great weekend. I got to see my great friend, Dan and meet his friends Barry, Anita, Robin, Katie and Erica and solve the mystery of Lesterhead. We had a great time with karaoke belting out our favorite showtunes, rap songs, hard rock 80's anthems (thanks for the rock star show Barry!) It's nice to know that I can leave Dan in good hands since he's on hiatus from the Westminster cult that we formed in our kick ass years in college. Don't worry Dan, we still leave a plastic chair on the memory porch for you. ; )

I love traveling to visit my friends that have moved on from our area. I always learn something that's new...either general trivia or ideas or about myself. I've learned this weekend that...
1. I need a hobby. I'm not sure what it will be, but I need to take a class, make something or join a club or sport's team of some sort.

2. (I always think about this when I'm in a city bigger than U'town) I LOVE public transportation. I know that sounds crazy, but I would enjoy a 30-45 min comute to work by train. Though, my 1.2 mile drive to work isn't so shabby. (Yes, I should walk, right? This bitch ain't walkin' through the ghet-to!)

3. Cruise control should be rename "Set your speed and feel out of control." I tried using it for a while, but I feel like I'm going to fly off the road.

4. No matter how tired I get, how packed my schedule gets, it's always good to make time to visit friends. I know I'm a person that can get the "out of sight, out of mind" syndrome, so I really try to make a conscious effort to touch base with friends. I'm sure people think I'm nuts to drive 6+ hours to visit for a weekend, but to me it's worth a long ride to keep in touch.

5. Sometimes opening a bottle of wine at 3 AM is a damn good idea.

Now that I've blah, blah, blogged, I think I'll get some well deserved sleep.

2 comments:

Lesterhead said...

Good to solve the mystery of Molly as well! :)

D said...

I had a great time! thanks for coming to visit! You forgot to add 1 bloody mary on your tally :-)