Wednesday, September 15, 2004

I'm in a New York state of mind.

The best way to make a year go fast is to plan lots of trips. Being a school teacher, this is a must. It definitely helps through the months of October and March. I planned early this year by venturing out in September. NYC this weekend. Now, while my usual trips to NYC include going into scary buildings looking for the best bargain on a purse, this weekend will be pure relaxation, fun and visiting. I will visit Dan who has just been (willingly) let go from his job with Elektra records....although I think they/he changed to Atlantic. (all I know is my email from him changed hands from one to the next.) He also quite timely just landed the lead in a play. Something about "The resurrection of Clay," I think. I asked if it was about Clay Aiken, and Dan let me know it was the future story of Clay when his career booms again in 50 years....Anyway, I'm pretty excited to get away. I believe there is a night of karaoke planned for Saturday. There are these private karaoke places that are so much fun. They seem like a dirty hotel fling when you have to go up and say, "Um, 5 people for 3 hours." Nonetheless...I had a blast over New Year's when we went. I'm a big fan of Blondie or Mamas and the Papas for regular bar singing (confidence takes over) but, I will pull out the Ludacris this weekend. When I move you move...
I truly can't wait to get away from my kids. (um, that's classroom, kids, eh.) I hate to say that, but my god. I have about 8 good kids in my room on a good day. The fuckers can't even play a game without pushing, yelling, getting in trouble, etc. We teachers should really have a 4 day week. (but still have off June, July, Aug) I have the worst stress cramp in my neck from this week. Thank fuck it's Thursday tomorrow. Do you notice I don't swear unless it's my job? And, shit...I forgot to play the Powerball. Looks like I'm not retiring tomorrow. Oh well, 29 years, 168 days left.

2 comments:

D said...

Yay! i'm excited for you to come visit--but shit. I forgot to tell you my roomate has 10 2nd graders staying over this weekend. I hope that doesn't impede on the relaxation :-(

TheGirlInTheCorner said...

2nd grade is fine....it's the 4th grade assholes i can't deal with