Sunday, September 26, 2004

Girls, Girls, Girls

There's something that's very settling and relaxing about girl time. This weekend I fortunately had the opportunity to share some well overdue and well deserved girl time.

Saturday...after spending the majority of the day nursing a stupid hangover, I received a call from my friend Renee. We agreed to meet up with another friend,
Erin, at Renee's house in which is always a stop for family and friends. (A place where I spent most of my high school career with Renee, Lara and the family.) 10 years has passed since the three of us graduated high school and I love the way we have all matured and grown into the women that we are. We laughed, gossiped and (at least I felt) solved life's problems...or at least mine. I've definitely come to the conclusion that I'm not totally satisfied with my life and changes are soon to come. That's a whole 'nother subject in which I'll dedicate more blogging to later. In any sense, it was so great to visit with the girls and catch up. The best part about the two of them is that no matter how much time has passed, we pick up where we left off...it's just a lot more talking to do. Erin's getting married, Renee's tossing the family idea around and me...well...no major changes as yet. Ah, but the year is young.

Sunday...with a mere 5 hours of sleep (due to the first cup of caffeine in 1 1/2 years the night before and loads of catching up) I headed on down to
The Cheesecake Factory. One, excellent meal. Two, great conversation. I kind of giggled because it seemed so Sex and the City. More upscale than the diner the girls usually frequent, but the set up was the same and the conversation definitely hit the levels. (Yes, I like to live my through TV shows, but who doesn't?) Once again we solved more of life's mysteries, bitched about men, joked about sex -and the opposite sex- and solidified life's biggest mystery. The Female Bond.

All in all it was a great weekend.

No comments: