Tuesday, July 25, 2006

A Rolling Stone Gathers....

Better mood today. Not much, but I'm not on the verge of tears. Lesterhead and Terible had some good questions and advice.

Do we always do what we want, or do what we need? Now, isn't' Mick Jagger ringing your ears right now...You can't always get what you want, you get what you need...

How does that work then? Not that I don't ever do what I want, but I usually do what's safe and sensible. I haven't moved in 4 years out of the 'rents house because it didn't make sense. No sense to pay unnecessary rent when the town is 2 miles long and I wasn't in a position to buy a house. But, now...I've bought a house in a town I don't want to live in. Why? It's a good investment. I know I'll make money on the resale. What scares me the most? Is that I'll get stuck here. The permanence of owning a house. Permanent. Forever. Solid.

Is it mathematical then?

Doing what we want = getting what we need.
Doing what we need = getting what we don't want.
Doing what we don't want = ?????????

No comments: