Wednesday, July 26, 2006

My Spaces and The Things Going On Around Them

Mini-Updates

Home:
Neville and I stayed at our new house last night. We walked this morning. Being that he's sleeping like a rock right now, he got as much sleep as I did. I believe I was up at 1:30, 3:30, 5:00 and then finally 5:45. Hmmph. I suppose he'll get used to it. I really don't see how he doesn't love my ultra plush, pillow top mattress. It's sooooo comfy!

Health:
Went to the doctor today. On the was down I listened to a new CD I bought. The Essential Michael Jackson. I highly recommend it. I was cracking up as I was driving in my mom's convertible (she's out of town so I get to play) and jamming to Rock With You. I know he's a freak, but you can't knock the music.
Also at the doctor I was asked if I was using "protection." I answered "no" and then suddenly felt irresponsible. So I had a Bridget Jones' moment where I fumbled over my words and in an elevated tone blurted, "Well...d-don't need anything at this point in my life!" It was all not to have an elbow to the ribs to the nurse and a "hardy-har" come out. I definitely needed a British accent, too. *I'm not irresponsible, I'm just a lame-ass, singleton.

Social:
On the way home I stopped at Sheetz to get something to drink. I never drink or eat anything before the doctor as the scale looms. (Turns out I'm 9 pounds thinnner than last year!) Anyway...as I was on my way to my car some old bitch was pulling into a parking space. Now I had seen her already attempt to pull in once. I wasn't going to wait around to watch her park when I could easily hop in my car and pull away and leave my space empty (because the other three empty spaces on the other side of her were making it difficult for her to pull her VAN in the spot. Now. Those of you familiar with Sheetz -and I'm sure other convenience stores- note that there's a sign that says "NO VANS OR TRUCKS. CARS ONLY." Apparently the BlueBlocker didn't see the sign. She did manage to rasp at me through the glass because I walked into her space (the she wasn't even remotely pulled into yet) and mouth out some old people words obscenity style. What did I do? I stared the bitch down. I was ready to snap right back at her crotchety ass. Especially reminding her that the sign says "NO VANS OR TRUCKS. CARS ONLY." But...I think the stare scared her. Or, at least I'd like to think so. I know...lame to want to fight with an old woman, but the other day another one parked in TWO spaces and left me without a spot. Yes. Current hate: People who can't park.

Love:
Speaking of MySpace. I keep getting an email from a certain person on there. I ignored the 1st. The 2nd. And now the 3rd. Um, if I didn't email you back, it's because I don't want to. Repeated emails don't normally change my mind. Plus...I know this guy. Haven't talked to him for over 12-15 years...but I know him. He used to call a bunch of my girlfriends when I was in highschool and he was a bit older. 5 years (that's a big deal in hs, ya know.) Anyway...if you've Googled me and are reading this, then at least acknowledge that you remember who I am in an email. I am female. I have a memory like an elephant. *And I've been busted on Google before (ahem, Buckner...where is that ol' chap anyway??)
Better love connection news....well, no connection, but I caught the eye of someone the other day. I was at our championship swim meet on Saturday and there he was. Clad in white with whistle around his neck. The Official. Ah. I noticed him from afar, but when I got closer. He noticed me. I''m not being cocky, but he kept staring at me and made some silly joke about one of the other officials leaving for a "tobacco break." It was like he was me having a Bridget Jones. Except he's a boy, so I guess he had a Mark Darcy. We kept exchanging glances throughout the meet. I talked big about dropping my number in his pocket to one of the other coaches. But as usual...I'm all talk. No game. So if you're out there hot-official-with-the-dark-hair-dreamy-eyes-and-cute-smile, hopefully I'll catch you at another meet...or sooner. The only worry...that he's a college boy. We were at IUP. For some reason, I just can't judge age anymore.

Words:
I feel like my postings are becoming a little bolder in the sense that I'm not holding back as much, though there is a ton behind the brick wall I'm trying to climb in my writing. My main concern is...strike that....used to be losing a potential job because of this. However, being I haven't hear much on the job front, I think the stars are fucking that up all by demselves.

I'm almost done with Da Vinci. I know...it's taken all summer to read, but I've been tooooooooo busy to sit down with it. I will read it again when I have a weekend to myself. I will say it's excellent.

2 comments:

Lesterhead said...

even if he's in college, whatever. have some fun. they're not getting any younger- get 'em while you can!

TheGirlInTheCorner said...

I just have to find him now!!