Wednesday, June 07, 2006

My Space(s)

My Space...

Anyone on it? I feel rather behind the times that I'm not on MySpace. Though I also find all the contraversy about it amusing. Parents seem to think MySpace is The DEVIL (no pun to yesterday's 6-6-06 reference.) I think that these types of sites could be dangerous...just as any activity kids are involved in could be. It's called parenting. Maybe I don't have a clue because I don't have kids, but how about monitoring what your kids are doing? Don't keep a computer in the bedroom...don't let your kids sit on the computer (high-tech babysitting)...letting your kids know it's not okay to take naked pictures of yourself and display them on the net. I feel like I have some clue on parenting being that I parent 20-25 kids 9 months out of the year. Okay...enough ranting. Let's talk more about MySpace.

Should I be on MySpace? Can everyone see you on MySpace? I don't know that I want that as I'm not sure I want students/employers reading about me.

**************************

Now onto "my space." I'm picking out carpet today. I also need to look for light fixtures. That's something I so do not want to spend a lot of money on. I'm going to hit the clearance section of Lowe's and Home Depot. I did find two lamps at Value City that are really cute and only $20 a piece.

I promise to have more interesting topics to write about. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

D said...

i'm on myspace. it is a bit creepy, but i like it.

Lesterhead said...

I'm on.