Monday, May 29, 2006

I (Heart) Boyfriends

Oh my....so busy. I can't believe I haven't updated since the 18th. What's new? Not much. A whole lot. The house is coming along great. I should be moved in a couple weeks. I'm looking forward to school being out and getting moved and organized in a new place.
I could bore with the details of the past 10 days, but I won't. What I will excite (bore) you with are some things I've been thinking about lately.
I miss having a boyfriend. The past 4 years I've been in and out of that feeling. More out than anything. It was easy because most of my friends didn't have significant others. Well, seems one by one they are acquiring their beaus and now I'm starting to be reminded of how nice it was to have one. Believe it or not, I did have a couple decent boyfriends. I've been having dreams about them lately, too. Friends and family keep asking me if I'm going to do online dating again. The answer: not now and most likely never again. I just hated it. I dreaded looking at my email. I picked apart every profile that winked at me (which wasn't difficult with most of them.) There were some decent options, but I hated the whole anxiety of it. What makes me reconsider doing it again is that a few of my friends have found some pretty awesome guys, though I'm still not convinced to try it again.
Turning 30 in about a month. Ugh. I'm getting that birthday anxiety I had at 25. I don't know what I'm doing for my birthday this year. I'm throwing a "White Trash" party the weekend after, but I hope I have something fun to do. If you're looking to get me a gift....something over 6 feet with an XY chromosome is preferred. (See above paragraph) Trouble finding that?? Then something bubbly and consumable is an okay swap.
I'm done complaining for now...I'm sure there will be a lot more building up to the dreadful day in July.

No comments: