Thursday, June 29, 2006

It's been...

So my shitty-ass week (which has -unfortunately- not come to an end) has stumbled me upon this post. Ah, Lesterhead....you always seem to say the right thing at the right time.


20 Years Ago I...was awaiting to turn double digits, spending my summer at the local pool, getting up at 8 for swim team practice, watching Nanny and Professor every morning.

10 Years Ago I...was spending my days working day care for 6 weeks, smoking cigarettes every night at Denny's or Eat n' Park each night, being singel after 2 1/2 year relationship, not wanting to live in Fayette County.

6 Years Ago I...living in Volant, had just opened my consignment shop and was contimplating closing it, dating an asshole, living in a shitty apartment, planning a vacation to Pennsacola, heading into the last year of my grad school classes.

3 Years Ago, I...was living in Fayette County, hating it, teaching ESL to a Chinese boy, laying out at the pool, dreading my 27th birthday, had experience Mardi Gras, hoping for a new job, wondering why the hell I had to move home with my parents, trying to get my "self" back.

1 Year Ago, I...hassling with Match.com, hoping for a new job, laying out at the pool, awaiting my vacation to the Dominican Republic, loving my new dog.

So far this year, I...completed my second year in my school that is super rough (and survived) coached my first year of middle school and varsity swimming, placed 11th in the WPIAL in swimming with my team and went to states, celebrated Mardi Gras a 4th time, started swimming (seriously) again, really got my "self" back, bought a house, and bought some great furniture!

Yesterday, I...walked 5.5 miles, worked my ass off in my house, took my dog to the Emergency vet, cried myself to sleep.

Today, I...went to Lowe's, worked in my house, walked 3 or 4 miles with my dog, went to practice, moved some furniture into my new house, drank wine, watched The Notebook.

Tomorrow, I will...walk 5.5. miles, have coffee with friends, paint my kitchen, move some furniture, go to practice, drink some wine, pack some things.

In the next year, I will...have a new job and live in another new place (power of positive thinking)

In the next minute, I will...drink more wine, cry a little, dream about my new life this year.

1 comment:

Lesterhead said...

xoxoxo - guess it was a teary night for both of us