Monday, June 12, 2006

Frankly, I don't give a damn

House is coming along. Had some problems with the drywall finishing...arg! But, they're being fixed (by someone new) and soon to be painted. Carpet will follow and voila! I'll be able to move in. I'm going to say 2 weeks?

Had a funny Friday out. Weird, but somewhat amusing. Went out for my friends' birthdays on Friday night. A friend of a friend was out among us. Very bizarre guy. Like, um, really weird. And...obnoxious. So jokes were being told. Stupid ones, yada, yada. So this weird guy tells some joke that I can't even repeat because I truly did not get it (way too academic...I think you needed to be a Rhodes scholar to get it.) Anyway, everyone just kinda looked. Now, I was a bit on the frank side that night for some reason. So I say, "What's that mild for of autism called?" Now...I know it's not nice to make fun of people, but I simply was aiming at the fact that none of us knew the history lesson within the joke he told. All of a sudden the weird guy says, "My shrink tried to diagnose me with Asperger's last year!" Hmmm...."Oh. Well, uh sorry...?" He then starts ranting how that isn't what he has and he's not dumb. "I wasn't saying you were dumb, just that you have to be a Rhodes scholar to understand that lame ass joke." Now I'm annoyed and laughing because my drunk friend Danni is repeating "Ass Burgers."
Being that I teach a lot of kids with learning disabilities among the 1000's of emotional problems they have I start to think. Wait a minute...you don't know you have that? You just have it. Whatever...I can tell you what was wrong with him. Being that he was terribly effeminate and flirting with the (gay) owner of the bar...I think he needed a good old fashioned coming out party. I know I sound harsh at this point, but if you would have witnessed his pretention in mentioning every wonderful great thing he had done, tasted, experienced, spoken and farted, you would understand. He didn't proclaim these things to the group, he just told one person next to him - LOUDLY. Nothing I hate worse than attention seeking pretentious people who claim to have mental disorders. Those of you who know me...you know who I'm talking about. Needless to say Rainman and I didn't hit it off too well. Nor did he hit it off with my other friend Mara as he screamed "FUCK YOU" across the intimate setting we were lounging in when she claimed she liked cheese dip. Pop a quaalude buddy and wear you rainbow. There's my shrink advice...free of charge.

*********************
I think I may have been a little too frank on Friday, (frankly I don't give a damn) but I'm a little irritated lately. Not with anyone, but with time. 22 days until I turn 30 and I'm not handling it well. I did not have a good time with 24, 25, 26. My 27th was okay. 28th..eehh. 29 I just gave up. I don't know what I'm looking for in my 30th, but I'm hoping some revelation comes up, some opportunity, something different....something!

1 comment:

Big Buddha said...

pictures of your new place would be nice...