Monday, March 07, 2005

New Beginnings and Change?

Symbols of spring and Easter. Eggs, bunnies, green grass, tulips...all symbols of new beginnings and change, right? This weekend I had a girls' night as it seems that half of my friends relationships are falling apart or over. Okay, maybe not half of them but a few different ones. Whether taking a break, breaking up, or being in limbo...it's all change. It's all new. I started looking back at my relationships and I realize whether by coincidence or not. ALL of my major relationships have ended at this time. I'll be honest, I almost hate Easter for this reason. Not that Easter is a romantic holiday, but it is one that you would share with a significant other. Like Thanksgiving, it is a "swing" holiday. We can go to your house for Thanksgiving and mine at Easter. I love my family and always enjoyed having my boyfriends over for family dinners, get togethers or what not. Easter always left me in the dust. I can look back and even when I wasn't getting dumped (which was usually the case) I did the breaking up (once) and even had break-ups suggested though I desperately hung on at those times.
So...is it in the air? Does spring do this? Does planetary alignment suggest a change? (I know, I know...but I love the psychics!)
Does anyone have any happy stories of Spring relationships or are we doomed to be dumped every time we hear the pat of a bunny's feet?

No comments: