Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Deja VW?

OMG! Today after seeing Million Dollar Baby (which was absolfuckinglutely wonderful) I stopped at the gas station to get some...well, gas. Anyway. I pull in and swipe my card through the card thingy and was waiting to authorize. It goes through and I reach to press the gas type...SHIT! I almost...almost I remind you....put diesel in my car. Six years ago in June I had only had my beautiful VW Passat about a month. It was a hot summer day. My A/C was blowing and my friend and I were heading out to do some shopping. I pull up to the gas station, leave the car running (it was hot, ya know) and put a FULL TANK OF DIESEL in my car. *Sidenote. My car is NOT A DIESEL.* I about died. I had to have my car towed to the dealership, tank drained and fuel system flushed. Fortunately, it only cost me $175...and a lot of embarrassment. However, today...it did make me chuckle today.

3 comments:

Azxel said...

sounds like its a 'sign' for you to get yourself a car that runs on diesel... what car do you drive now? the same as 6 years ago?

TheGirlInTheCorner said...

Yes...same car. I think I heard her eek as I went to grab the pump. (Yes...it's a she. "Venus" -Goddess of a mountaintop...burnin' like a silver flame!)

las1976 said...

Doesn't the diesel pump bigger, so we don't make that mistake? I've been there, done that, but I've always been saved because my tank's hole was too small [get your mind out of the gutter].