Monday, October 25, 2004

Pizza, Beer and God

Now there's three things that don't usually come together. Although, sometimes God does come up after too many beers. Tonight was a pretty interesting, however. What started out as a girls' night, work bitch, chat-it-up session turned into a conversation that made me feel reaffirmed and reassured in my beliefs in religion. The long-short of it was what you believe, what is love, what is God, yada, yada, yada....and a great comment by a man at the table. (Yes, ladies...a good comment out of a man's mouth!--just kidding.) "Those people who live their lives the way that God intended are much closer to God than those who state 'I believe in God." Well, the comment was something of that. Now, I'm not sure that you have to choose "God" as your higher power if one at all, but I felt pretty good about myself. I have never been a "stater" or "claimer" of words but have always done what I thought was right. Have I made bad decisions knowingly? Of course...who hasn't? My stance on it was that I do believe in God, however I live my life the way I do because that's what feels right...not what a book dictates. Now, I do claim to be a very uneducated, organized religious person...in other words, a shmorgasbord Christian. Why a Christian? I don't know....I guess that's where faith steps in. Good, Lord. I could just keep writing because points keep coming at me. I think that's what religion is supposed to do -come at you in so many different ways that you don't know what the heck is going on. My head hurts now. I should just stick to the beer and pizza. Not much confusion on that, eh?

In any sense....good conversation. It was nice (strange, but nice) to sit in a bar and be enlightened by other persons thoughts.

No comments: