Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Iceberg!

I've been lazy on the blogging part. Funny how I think about things I want to write when I'm in school and have no access to editing this site. Anyway......went to my highschool reunion this past weekend. 10 years. Disappointing turnout of people. I swear there were only 25 people there. Um...I graduated with 250, and the 25 included spouses. And there were 4 of us without dates. Oh well, I did have an alright time catching up with the few that were there. I left early to head on down to the 'burgh with my college friends.
We met up at the
Science Center for a Titanic Live. $20, 2 drinks and a Led Zeppelin laser show. Money well spent. However, the end of the night was quite bizarre. A German theater troupe recreated the sinking of the Titanic on the Allegheny River. Pretty cool, eh? Not so...well, I'm not even sure how to describe it. A bunch of look-a-likes from the Phish Hoist album running around, lighting fires and jumping into the path of pipes squirting with water....80 minutes later, ICEBERG! Yes ladies and gentlemen, the Titanic, and Titanick, have just left the building. I"m all open to alternative and interesting theater experiences, but this was just weird. In any sense, it was more interesting than sitting in a bar. However, no more bizarre sometimes.

No comments: