Monday, September 12, 2005

So I'm Back...From Outer Space!

Updates...updates...okay, okay. I'm back.

I've been sooooo busy. I've begun coaching swim team so I don't get home until about 5:30 now. I know, normal people work that late, but I don't. I'm a teacher for a reason. Plus, I now go into school at 7...so that makes for a long day. I will say I'm pretty far ahead on my copies and plans so that's a good thing. Enough about work...back to the good stuff. Me, right?

The weekdays are pretty uneventful for me now. I'm trying to stick to going out one day a week (Saturdays) in order to save money and with practice on Fridays and soon to be Saturday mornings, I don't feel like going out.

Saturday Renee threw a bachelorette party for a highschool friend and offered to me to tag along. Sure. Why not? Brides usually attract the men. Well, the bride never even made it out. She puked and passed out in the hotel room. In good spirit Renee grabbed the veil with the devil ears attached to it, slapped it on her head and we headed out. Now...I'm usually the one that makes fun of the people who wear those goofy veils, but because Renee isn't getting married, it was pretty fun. "Congratulations!!" people yelled as Renee turned around to yell back, "thanks!!" Ha! Good times. Her justification- "I probably won't get to wear a real veil, so I may as well pose with one for the night!" I think you'll wear a real one Renee. I just hope it's not the funeral one like I'll be wearing. We hit the Southside by storm and had a blast. And got blasted. Also...the weekend before when I was out in Uniontown, I actually saw two good looking guys. Then out that night in Pittsburgh...I saw them again! So in my drunken bravery I said to the one, "Hey. I know you. Well, not really but I saw you out last weekend. In Uniontown." (Smooth one, Girl.) So I asked where the one was from...BelleVernon. Yeah. I knew it. Couldn't have been from Uniontown. So he waved on the way out. That's my lame attempt to pick up a guy.
I caught a crappy cold this week, too. I usually make it to Halloween, but I'm hoping this will be the last until maybe January.

************

Other updates. I can't believe how many dumb things I've read that our gov't has done. I'm sure you've read all of the stuff, too. If not, check out the links on Jay's blog.

************

Goals before the end of the year....

1. Get skinny (isn't that everyone's?)
2. Save half of my vacation money for next summer.
3. Go on a date.
4. Be able to speak more Spanish....and send an email to Javi in Spanish. Trabajo en lo!
5. Have really awesome New Year's plans.

Okay...I'm off to make dinner. Maybe I'll think of something else to blog tonight.

1 comment:

Lesterhead said...

Oh nooooo... don't even bring up New Years Eve! Now I'm already stressed about my non-existant plans.