Monday, September 05, 2005

I Need Some Drama From Yo Mama.

Why can't life be like it is on Laguna Beach? Cute guys, excellent fashion and drama. I can't even get a life full of drama these days. I guess I am out of highschool.

Renee and I went out last night with good intent on meeting guys and a lame result. We instead amused ourselves by playing "Who would you take home if you absolutely had to?" and then "Pick the ugliest guy out of the bar and take him home" games. And, of course giving nicknames to everyone there. First off...where are the people our age? (Sorry Renee...I'm grouping you into the 29 year-old right now.) It's not even that we're that much older it's that everyone out in a bar is just 21 or 22. You say, "well maybe you shouldn't be searching in a bar." You're right. But, hey. It was Labor Day weekend and we were taking a chance to see who was out. Where do people in our age group go then? I was out on Friday, Saturday and Sunday (a rare thing for me as I usually stay in with friends) and I swear the average age was 24-only because the girls I was with brought that average up a bit.
What did we end up with on Sunday?? Two lame-ass Army kids on a 4 day leave and one...was wearing...Army issued glasses. Are you kidding me? You mean to tell me you don't own another pair of glasses? I know that Army people have to wear them when they're on the base or whatever, but shit...get a different pair when you go out! And all these guys talked about was how expensive it was to go out and how much they didn't get paid. Um, buddy...the beers at the bar were $1!!! Yes folks...it was a classy place. So Renee and I decided that we miss Punta Cana and men who don't speak English. Looking to go back for 2 weeks next year if Spain doesn't work out.

Other than that school is in full effect. Not too much exciting on that end. I'm actually going to make a point to not discuss work after work hours any more. It ends up consuming me.

Okay...off to read my Spanish book.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

But, Molly, you forgot about the other end of the age group who bought us drinks. Cliff and Norm - who closely resembled the famous Cheers duo, and ironically the tall guy's name was Cliff. They probably raised the average age to, hmmm, 40.
And you know that you are in a classy place when multiple guys ask if your purse is made of deer fur. They probably wanted to hang my purse next to their mounted bear, elk and deer head.

Wolfgang Buckner said...

Where was this drinking escapade? The Triple Nickel? Next time you all go out, teh Buckner may have to make a surprise appearance. Wouldnt THAT be nice?

TheGirlInTheCorner said...

triple nickel?? not that classy...the oregon bar in the north hills. though i hit eddie's on friday shits and giggles.

surprise?? might be nice since i imagine you to look like that fat guy jumping off the diving board or a will farrel character.

Wolfgang Buckner said...

I sorta look like both and neither. You may have seen me before...who knows?

Wolfgang Buckner said...

Say the word and teh Buckner will appear...I'm actually not scary at all for an internet blogging guy.

Big Buddha said...

Mama, where's the updated drama?