Thursday, February 24, 2005

These are the Snow Days of Our Lives...

Snow day today...strange because it really isn't even that bad out. Yet, I know in the past they've made us go to school with no delay and the roads were horrible. Whatever, it is nice. I would have preferred it next week when there was a full week of school, though.
I did get to sleep which was nice and I went swimming. I've been trying to get back to going in the morning, but the cold is hard to get up and out in.
So I'm watching Days of Our Lives right now. If you are/were an avid watcher you'll understand, if not...well you'll just have to deal. There is a new Will. God. Every time they take one of the kids and make them older.....like 10 years older....so they can actually have a part-it's terrible. (Hence, young Abby) Anyway. Sadly I have been watching this show on and off (more off in the last 2 years due to work) for the last oh, 21 years!! That's more than half my life. (More than the Days of My Life..hhehe) It's horrible, but I can't seem to get away from it. I think it would be fun to see a checklist/chart of the characters and how many times they have died, been possessed, stranded on an island, been in the evil hands of Stefano. In fact, I think now I'm going to start taping it. Yes, I'm still in the sad world of VHS taping. No DVR. No TiVo and no Soap network. Oooh. I just heard a solliquey (sp?). I love those. Days....you've made them so famous.
Well...I am going to do some productive things today. I need to write the syllabus for the class I'm teaching and also research mutual funds etc for Roth IRA. I'm kicking my Merrill Lynch guy to the curb and investing myself. Any suggestions?

Shit...damn news break. Hello?? I have only 15 minutes left! About the Pope. Apparently he had a trach or something. Question: Is it that the Pope has to die to replace him? My God, can't they just retire the poor guy? He can hardly live let alone do the pope things.

1 comment:

Lesterhead said...

The Pope can retire himself is he so chooses, but no Pope has ever stepped down. They have all died as Pope. Apparently, this Pope ain't stepping down. Personally, I think it's kind of lame. The guy can hardly wave from his hospital window. Let someone else at the job who can actually walk and talk.