Monday, February 21, 2005

A Good Response

So I'm about 70 pages into Maybe He's Just Not That Into You right now and I'm crackin' up. OMG! I'm soooo one of those girls. I cannot tell you during the many dumps and jackasses in my life how I've dropped all of these excuses. It's a good read, and a funny comeback. Not only to realize that when you're dating, emailing, phoning etc...someone who probably has no intentions of getting serious, but for everyday conversation. Saturday my sister and her bf and I had dinner at a sushi place in Phili. Our waitress wasn't the most attentive, but maybe she just wasn't that into us. (See how it's working??) Sunday I hooked my sister into Project Runway as we watched a marathon while filing all of her "stuff" in her office (I sure as shit don't want to go through that again...ugh, the agony of paperwork.) But, maybe she's just not that into record keeping. (I know...lame, but use it. It's fun.)
Now onto the real "not into you." So before I left for my sister's I got an email from a guy on match. We had exchanged emails a few different times...long short of it...he said he lived near Phili and if I were out he would come and meet me. So I sent him an email back asking him where b/c I'm not that familiar with the city, but 9:00 sounded good to meet up for a drink. I left it open saying that the meeting would have to be brief b/c we had to go back to MD that night, and if the times worked than so be it. If not I'm sure we'd run into each other sometime (he's from around my hometown.) I then sent another email right before I left saying that I wouldn't have access to email (because my lame ass sister got rid of internet access at home) and here is my cell number. He emailed back saying that he hadn't been feeling well all week, but if he felt like he wouldn't get me sick he would give me a buzz.
No call. No meeting. Was he just not that into me? (Funny, I think I remember a similar situation on Jen's blog.) Then here is my comeback and comment...why even bother telling me you'll meet?? Whatever. I'm now totally annoyed at the online dating crap. I would rather have spent my $50 elsewhere instead of checking on the losers that wink at me and managing two email accounts. Throw me a freakin' bone already. (Arf!)
Other news...looks like a few of us girls are heading to the Dominican Republic for va-cay this summer. I'm super excited.

No comments: