Sunday, December 05, 2004

Flu Attack of the Mac

Friday I got the flu. Gross. That's what I get though. Thursday in school I had a mini barf-o-rama. One student threw up, then another, then another. The initiator of the puking (started during lunch) is a chronic puker. I was tired of sending him home as I had done 3 times in the week prior. And, the other is a repeat offender of "I don't feel good. Can I call home?" Such drama for 4th grade boys. (I know this sounds cruel, but if you are a teacher you'll understand.) Anyway...I gave out the "You know what? I'm not going with this puking crap again. You're going to stick it out today. Get your book out." Now truthfully, I don't believe they were sick. However, the flu is fying around school -as always. Yes, at 4:30 AM I woke up with horrible stomach cramps and by 7:20 I was puking. Damn kharma!. I did go to school at 8:00 to get some things ready for a sub and was out the door by 8:50 to puke some more and literally sleep all day. I'm still recovering today. I seriously dont think I've had the flu since 5th grade. I certainly haven't thrown up since then....well at least a non-alcohol induced boot.
The good thing about being sick is that no one will bother to ask you to do things like clean or move and you also get to catch up on some random movies. I got to see LOTR: Return of the King again, Goodfellas for the first time (I know, pathetic) some other random shit and my second Macaulay Culkin movie of the week. Yes, of the week. Over Thanksgiving break -Deer Monday to be exact- I watched Saved and then today I watched Party Monster. Both pretty good. Saved was hysterical and Party Monster was pretty good as well. Could the Mac be back?
In any sense, I'm semi back to normal. I did manage to put the Christmas trees up today though I didn't decorate them. I was/am most concerned with saving my strength for brunch tomorrow at the Cheesecake Factory with the girls. Can't miss my gossip time!

1 comment:

D said...

glad you're feeling better