Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Love Serving 10




When do you bounce the ball into some one's court and when should the serve be returned?

Is this why so many people are single into their 30's in this day and age?

Is chivalry dead?



I have had this conversation with my girl friends and guy friends.



Girls' consensus = Let the man make the move. If he is interested, he will make a move. You can respond, but he should be making the first effort.



Guys' consensus = Don't wait around. If you want to make a move, do it. Times have changed. Men like when a woman takes charge.



My consensus = I'm lost.



I have made the first move many, many, many times in the past. Has it worked out? Sometimes. Obviously not permanently, or I wouldn't be posing this question, but I have had some very successful relationships based upon my first move. I also have had some really bad rejections based upon it as well. The question I always have of myself, and maybe you join me as well is...


Is what I feel what I want to feel or what is actually occurring? Do I live in a fantasy world? I know I have done that in the past as well, but at times I have been correct. I will say in the past 5 years, more often wrong than right. So at this point, how do I trust my instinct and not cloud it with John Cusak movies?

3 comments:

Big Buddha said...

men are dumber than ever. the internet age as well as the PC era has them less socialized and confused about proper male / female mating rituals. They basically need a road map these days...so i think it's okay for women to make the first move - but it's got to be obvious. REAL OBVIOUS. Otherwise they'll miss the signs.

Big Buddha said...

and by PC i mean political correctness and feminism.

TheGirlInTheCorner said...

I knew I'd get a comment out of you. This is your forte...

I'm glad you cleared up PC. I did think you meant Personal Computer.