Monday, May 08, 2006

House of Cards

So it's official. (Almost) I close on my house on the 18th of May. I met with my (personal) handy-man remodeling guy tonight. I'm invisioning Flip this House. Basically I'm totally redoing the house. Pics will be posted soon on the progress...

This weekend was fun. Derby party on Saturday though we're all a bunch of poops. Everyone was asleep by 11:30. Not as young as we used to be. Bet on the Derby...lost. Played poker...lost. All in all I still had a great time. Sunday the girls went to Gypsy, ate, drank and got our readings. My reading was great. Looks like new job will be here just in time for the fall, house will "flip" and I will finally-finally-be moving. Oh yeah....I think there is a man in there somewhere, too. *wink*

Now you may ask why I believe the readings. Why? Well, because they're usually pretty on. Rebecca has been reading my cards for over a year now roughly once a month or so. It's $15 for 15 minutes of clairity and soul sorting. Shouldn't you turn to Jesus for that? Probably...and I do pray each night before bed. And, this is probably less than I'd pay with co-payment to a therapist and quite frankly...I like her. She's personable and doesn't feed me a line of shit. I haven't always been thrilled about my readings. It's not always what I want to hear...trust me. I've been waiting for the "the man of your dreams is going to walk in to your living room tomorrow" line for about 12 years (date of my first card reading.) I'll take the "looks like towards the end of October" I got last night. I'm just happy it's in sight. She also told me I need to let happen, happen. Quit looking at the signs and thinking, "Oh shit. When's it all going to come crashing down?" So I've taken if out of my statements and am going to try to go with the flow. Here goes, right?

2 comments:

Big Buddha said...

There's a lot of hidden fees when you flip a house quickly. You'll have to go through the whole closing process again and pay all the fees involved with that again as well as possible taxes on the gains you've made. (W. needs a way to fund his little war you know.) Just be aware of all that and factor that into your calculatings when doing your remodeling - pricing it to sell.

The whole cards thing...you should meet my mother. You two have lots in common.

Wolfgang Buckner said...

if you close your house using my title company, i will come out and perform the closing...how about that? HMMMM? I am serious...that would be a hoot.