Sunday, February 19, 2006

This is Random Bitch...

It's that time of year again. Mardi Gras time! My 4th one and I'm rip roaring ready to go. I haven't had a day off of work in a long time and more importantly...I haven't been out of Fayette County in a while. Being that I'm used to traveling out of state at least once a month, not even getting to Pittsburgh on a regular basis has taken it's toll on me. Coaching has had me tied up. I feel like a CityMouse stuck in a CountryMouse life. What better place for a girl to go than NOLA?

I've been kinda bummed this weekend. I think relationships (or lack there of) has taken toll on me as well. Now before you comment "don't worry...it will come," or "it's always when you're not looking for it," hold off. I don't really want to hear those. No single girl does. In fact....now that I read this, I'm thinking of changing the tone of my blog lately. It might be bitchy single girl...rather Bridget Jones-esque.

It's been 4 years that I've been single. F-O-U-R years. That's ridiculous. I've had a few dates (and I say few loosely.) There's times where I really want to head full-force back into dating, but then I actually get a little scared. I think if there was someone totally interested, I might be ready....but that's the biggest fucking problem. The dating pool here is full of polio and I don't see any sign of a vaccine in the works. Yes, I'd like to move, but that presents another problem. Job. I can't move without a job and I haven't been able to find a new job. Then some fucking cornhusker wins the Powerball. What kind of fairness is that?

What's good in my life right now, you ask? I've lost 20 pounds. (1/3 to my goal for the dreaded 3-0!) I don't mind my job this year. Thank the Lord or I might have pull my fingernails out. Speaking of...my little treat to myself: nails. Don't worry. It's not like B.A.P.S. They're tasteful. Gel coats over my real nails (which are actually long.) I was tired of having them break or the polish chip off in a day. They look nice and aren't too hard on the keyboard either.

No comments: