Monday, February 13, 2006

The Eve...

The Eve. The Eve of the Day. Valentine's Day.

I don't like when Valentine's Day falls during the week. Totally cramps my SATC marathon and wine and cheese binge. I really thought this year I might have a Valentine. The night is still young and the Day is long. I guess I am a hopeless romantic.

Looking back on Valentine's Day gifts....I received some good gifts, but honestly?? Mostly a lot of bad.

Good Gifts:
Bobby Brown: My Perrogative (cassette)
Annonymous carnation delivered in high school
Apartment cleaning and dinner made
Stuffed animal and flower
Rose and cookie cake (remember those?)

Bad Gifts:
No card (this one can repeat many a times...is it that hard fellas???)
FarSide book (still in the bag)
I got to pay for dinner...wasn't that nice?
Shitty box of chocolates
No card
Forgot

I never asked for anything for Valentine's Day....well early on...then I just flat out told two of the guys I was dating, "I don't give a f**k what you get me. However, if you don't get me a simple card, I'll lose my shit."
And what happened after that? I swear to you more than once, I didn't get a card. Bastards. Meanwhile I would have settled --actually been quite pleased-- with a PostIt stuck to the kitchen counter.

What will this Valentine's Day bring? A vet appointment with my dog. That's the only date I have. However...the hopeless, I repeat, HOPELESS romantic in me still thinks my knight in shining armor will show up with something. Who's the knight, you ask? As soon as you find him let me know, too.

Anyone---any good or bad gifts? Add them to the comments.

1 comment:

D said...

one valentines day there was a theme for the gifts i received--"what should we do tonight" and it included "should we dance" with postcards of paintings of dancers by Marc Chagall--one of my favorite painters. "should we shower" and it was my favorite soap. "should we stay in" and it was my favorite movie and the night ended with "or should we just cuddle" and it was a teddy bear (which I had told this boy I had never had). it was by far the sweetest valentine I have ever had.