Sunday, January 08, 2006

What I Did Today

Did a lot of shopping today. Actually, did a lot of things today. I decided to go to church. Resolution?? I don't know. I don't think it should really be a resolution....I think I should just go. However, I feel kinda bad because the sermon was super boring. The church I currently attend (meaning I've been there twice lately) is getting a new minister. The kid --I say that because he's roughly my age-- there now is really nice, but most of the time too academic. I don't really need someone to reiterate the scripture to me. I'd get more out of it if there was a short anecdote. Whatever. Wanna guess what I prayed for today? Yes, a boyfriend.

After that I went to breakfast with my parents and then began my shopping extravaganza. I stopped at The Finish Line first. I'm still bound and determined to become a runner so I bought new running shoes. The sales associate was super helpful (a marathon runner) so I feel like I got the best pair for me. I ended up with
these ASICS. Very comfy with extra insoles. And, I'll be flying like fucking Harry Potter hence the name of the shoes...heheh.

This is where my fever began --"and the only cure for it, is some more cowbell!" Just kidding...a little tangent.

Well, my fever actually began when I walked out of breakfast. Sunny out so I put on my new Michael Kors sunglasses (purchased on eBay for $25!) All of a sudden with expensive (pre-eBay) sunglasses on I feel like I make 100K a year. So I head to trade secret and buy shampoo, conditioner, hairwax and hairspray...none of which I need, but I did get an awesome sale. Next stop was NY&Co. for some clothes...which I saved $186 with coupons and sales. 8 tops a pair of pants and a belt and I was out of there. Next stop...BestBuy for new headphones for my iPod defective ears. Actually just my left ear is defective. So I bought
new headphones and a camera case. I hate shopping for electronics and accessories. I know nothing about them, so it takes me a really long time. I didn't find the same excellent service as I did at the Finish Line, but I asked a couple of people if there was a difference between the Phillips headphones I bought and the Apple headphones except for price. There isn't. And, I was glad because I really didn't feel like spending $45 on headphones. I ended my shopping there, but I should have went on. I have a baby shower to go to on Sunday and I was right next to the store and totally forgot to go in. Shit. Now I have to drive back down to Pittsburgh and shop this week. Time is the issue this week.

I headed up to the Fox and the Hound to watch the Steeler game with some friends. What an awesome game (especially with my new found knowledge and understanding of football.) Not much is better than watching a Steeler game in a Pittsburgh bar. I ventured home after the game and gave myself a pedicure, facial and prepared my clothes for the big running day tomorrow morning.

I just realized this is pretty boring.

No comments: