Thursday, December 15, 2005

Short Quips

Lazy. That's what I've been about blogging. But enough about my reasons and my catching up on what I've been doing. This isn't an itinerary...for the most part.

I did some shopping today. The first really this season. I'm not usually this far behind with Christmas shopping, but this year I can't seem to get into the spirit. One thing that drives me crazy about mall parking lots--I HATE when people go the wrong way in the aisle. How freakin' hard is it to read the arrows? Look at the way the cars are putting? I saw this woman today go down the wrong way to get into a handicapped space. Now these spaces are obviously close to the entrance making it even more difficult to cut the turn to get into the space correctly. THEN she drives through the two (narrowly) spaced HC signs to the other space which now makes her pointing out of the space yet STILL in the wrong direction. Fucking women drivers (ha! that was for the men who read this...heh.)
The clerk who checked me out today smelled like onions. BO maybe? Or hoagie onions --which is not much of a difference. Yet, she was wearing a wedding band. Not that I want to get married, but Jesus. She smelled like fucking onions and some guy found her. Note to self: buy onions.

2-hour delay tomorrow. That's why I love teaching.

My sister and her man broke up right before Thanksgiving. Long story, but in the end it definitely was for the best. So I asked my mom the other day while decorating "Did she buy him a stocking last year?" Mom couldn't remember. I'll venture to say yes. Why you ask? Because I'm a firm believer in when you buy a stocking for a boy you're dating...it's the kiss of death. Everytime I've purchased a stocking for a boyfriend, he never made it to the next Christmas (sometimes that particular Christmas.)

I swam yesterday with my team. Just at the end and then a little with a few that decided to stay late. In my effort to not "look slow" and appear to be out of shaper (yes I have a warped sense of what I look like) I hauled ass in the pool. Yeah. I'm old...because I can hardly move.

Funny fall of the week....down the bus steps. Huge bruise on my arm and a really sore back. Ouch, but typical. I'm actually surprised I haven't broken anything at this point in my life. I think because I expect to fall, I don't worry about it too much--therefore not hurting myself too badly. Shit I feel like I just wrote a theorm for geometry class. What was that little three dot triangle thing again?

Dropped my phone. UGH! I'm so pissed. I have 3 months until my plan is up. I have insurance but I'm being cheap and not wanting to spend the $50 to get a new one. The screen no longer lights up so I need to be near a light to see who I'm dialing. Texting is a bitch. Why do you pay $5 a month for insurance and then you have to pay $50 to get a phone? Hello?? I pay the insurance?
I know I'll end up getting a phone tomorrow. Fuck.

I'm not even really excited about New Year's this year. I don't know what it is. I'm looking forward to hanging out with friends, but not to the whole hooplah of going out. Buying a new outfit (some variation of black sweater and jeans I'm sure.) Maybe something crazy will happen this year.

I think that's all on this post. I have some more.

2 comments:

Lesterhead said...

So with you on the stocking kiss of death.

Loving My Split Level said...

From the sister... No, I didn't buy him a stocking. I think it's tacky unless you're part of a family. And, since we were not related, aka "married", screw it. I never bought him a stocking. Even though I knew him for the last 11 years and dated him for the last 3. It IS for the best though. I feel like a new woman.