Sunday, December 18, 2005

Only in Fayette Co.

Friday:
I will not drunk dial, I will not drunk dial. Enough said.

Saturday:
After practice and a well deserved 3 hour nap, I still continued to take it pretty easy. Went to see Walk the Line. Excellent. Joaquin Phoenix was really great (and super hot.) Oh and I was thinking a couple of things when I was watching it does Joaquin Phoenix have a cleft palate scar? (No, because I looked it up.) Does he have a weird shoulder or did Johnny Cash and he's portraying him that way? (Haven't found out that answer.) And then Reese...Reese Witherspoon...I just think she's so cute! Though, I think she had some botox in between her eyebrows. She normally has great character lines and expressions when she speaks and that center part juuuuusttt didn't move.
I think she played her part really well. And, great vocals from both of them. I just burned my dad's Essential Johnny Cash cd's. The story was sad. In a good way, though. Great love story which got me thinking....but before I get to that....

1. In the theater there was an older couple (40's 50's?) Anyway...they were completely making out. How do I know? I HEARD them. Gross. Sounded like the guy was getting a handjob or something. I turned around at one point and made a few loud comments.."Oh my God. Are you fucking kidding me? Get a fucking room. Gross." You think that would have done it, but they continued. Not quite as loudly. Had they been, I would have pulled teacher voice on them. No doubt they were having an affair as my friend noticed they hadn't come in together. Only in Fayette Co.
2. Headed to Eat'n Park later to quench my thirst from the previous night. Who waits on us? The biggest drag queen I've ever seen. I don't know what it is about drag queens, but I love 'em.
Only in Fayette Co.

Back to the love story thing. I think I'm starting to miss being in love. For a while I was kind of indifferent to the whole dating thing. I don't know if it's the holidays, my hectic schedule or the alignment of the stars (any comment fellow cancers?) but I've been getting that feeling that I'm missing something. Also the fact that the 4 year mark of being alone is looming. However, I worry about two things by wanting to head full force into the dating world. Will he want to move out of this blackhole of a county and have I been alone too long--hence, not being able to compromise my life for someone?

Other than that and wishing for world peace, I'm trying to get ready for Christmas. I still have a little bit of shopping to do. Not too much. I'm looking forward to taking some well deserved naps over break. I'm also getting a list of New Year's resolutions. The one I really kept last year was reading a book a month. That doesn't sound like a lot, but during the school year it's hard to keep up. I'd rather do brainless stuff like watch TV.

Nip/Tuck finale is on Tuesday. God, I love that show. Pretty sure I'm going to have to tape it. Yes, I STILL have the VCR, not DVR.

Ordered my digital camera. I ended up going with the Canon SD450. I can't wait to get it.

I'm looking forward to going to the movies a lot over the Christmas break. I'd like to see HP4 again. Brokeback Mountain (though I'm worried it won't even come to Pittsburgh...hopefully this week.) Memoirs of a Geisha, The Ringer, Munich, The Family Stone, Rumor Has It, and even The Producers. Let's hope that they all at least make it to Pittsburgh.

3 1/2 days left until Christmas break!! Yeah!!!!

2 comments:

D said...

omg--reading "eat n'park" took me back. we definitley don't have those here-i miss them!

maybe you shouldn't think about finding a guy in a place you want to leave and think about leaving and finding a guy in the place you want to be? just a thought. might be less obstacles.

your christmas break movie list is my christmas break movie list 9 i saw Brokeback but will see it as many times as possible). i wish we lived closer and could go together.

TheGirlInTheCorner said...

i wish we lived closer, too. :(

i would like to look for a guy whre i want to go...but this hell hole keeps sucking me in! keep your fingers crossed for a new job in the fall for me.